SUMMARY: Attends to swine and assists in supervising people in the grow/finish department under direction by the Farm Supervisor by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Following Proper Grow/Finish Department Procedures by:
- Adhering to procedures outlined in Seaboard training manual and procedures outlined by supervisors.
- Striving to maximize pig survivability.
- Striving to achieve performance goals.
- Completing all records accurately and timely.
- Responding in a timely fashion when notified of an alarm status.
- Following the suggested feed program by providing diet type and amount to the Site Manager to be delivered on specific days.
- Monitoring feed quality and notifying supervisors of any abrupt changes.
- Ensuring fresh water is available in sufficient quantities at all times.
- Adhere to all safety procedures and utilize equipment provided for employee protection.
Maintaining High Herd Health and Bio-Security through:
- Providing and monitoring proper animal comfort with ventilation and heating management and recording ventilation changes made.
- Timely medication and care of sick and injured pigs.
- Follow approved vaccination programs.
- Maintaining clean disinfectant foot baths in designated areas.
- Cleaning and disinfecting buildings according to schedule.
- Proper disposal of dead pigs daily.
- Following proper load-in, load-out procedures.
- Follow bio-security downtime chart and shower thoroughly before entering production units.
Maintain Proper Department and Farm Appearance by:
- Scraping manure and sweeping aisles as needed.
- Washing buildings and equipment as scheduled.
- Keeping all trash items picked up and disposed of.
- Assisting in cleaning and maintaining office and all farm areas.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises employees in the Grow/Finish department under the direction of the Farm Supervisor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, directing work and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: B.S. degree, Associate’s degree, or equivalent degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be a Utility Level at Seaboard Foods, or be able to achieve a Utility Level within 90 days.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read interpret documents in the English language such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Bilingual skills preferred. .
Our passion and connectivity fuels everything we do to raise pigs for pork to feed people. Since the pork we make is served on tables around...