Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a sophisticated luxury hotel and residences prominently located at the entrance of CityCenter, a magnificent urban resort destination at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Awarded the esteemed AAA Five Diamond Award rating and the coveted Forbes Five-Star award for our Hotel, Spa and Twist by Pierre Gagnaire, we offer spectacular accommodations, a relaxing Spa, fine-dining and legendary service.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Greet and escort guests promptly to their rooms, eloquently suggesting appropriate, personalized recommendations of the property based on the distinctness of the guest and their visit, according to Legendary Quality Experiences.
- Handle cash drawer properly as outlined in the MOHG controller's manual.
- Check cash float at the beginning and end of each shift to ensure at all times that amounts are correct.
- Communicate clearly with the Night Auditor and Accounts Department, including accurately posting transactions and maintaining paperwork according to standard.
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating with and assisting colleagues as needed.
- Address special guest preferences recorded in guest history profiles, ensure any learned preferences are properly recorded in accordance with MO SMS standards.
- Stay current with developments and procedures in the hotel by attending daily front office briefings and reviewing the front office communications board regularly.
- Be aware of and able to provide general information regarding events in the city within the next several days. Be able to make several personalized recommendations for dining, including the ability to describe in-house menus. Ability to describe the essence and unique features of the spa.
- Receive complaints with empathy, keeping the guest's perspective in mind, responding urgently and appropriately, including immediate notification of the duty manager or the next available manager.
- Be able to offer alternatives to guests and colleagues, instead of saying "no."
- Provide quality service with colleagues to the guests by responding to requests promptly, efficiently and courteously during check-in, check-out and throughout the guest's experience.
- Arrange fulfillment of guest services by working with the concierge, housekeeping, PBX, guest relations, reservations and room service colleagues.
- Handle guests incoming and outgoing correspondence, (facsimile, messages, mail, etc.).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Front Desk Manager or Duty Manager.
- Be able to perform rotational phone coverage, acting as call center agent for a full 8 hour shift.
- Able to escort guests to their rooms in full compliance with property policies and standards, including gratuity policy.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including overnight shifts.
- Required to receive Nevada health card to serve tea at the Front Desk.
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Strong written and communication skills in the English language.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Able to multi-task and remain composed at all times.
- Strong desire to provide excellent guest service.
- The ability to work well in a team environment.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Flexible schedule required to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation, which includes weekends, overnight, and holidays.
- Professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Strong demonstrated ability to handle cash and financial transactions.
Mandarin Oriental - 8 months ago