Provides friendly, courteous and efficient front desk service to guests staying at our properties. This includes accessing information to check-in and check-out guests, helping them with any customer service related requests and following-up accurately and promptly.
1. Using a video display terminal and keyboard, read, interpret, registration information to check-in and check-out guests.
2. When information is incomplete or irregular, take appropriate action based on Hotel policy/procedures.
3. Respond to guest comments and complaints in a courteous, professional, but expeditious manner.
4. Interact in a positive and friendly manner with other hotel employees to address any guest requests, concerns or complaints.
5. Keep front office work stations and lobby area neat, orderly, and stocked with supplies.
6. Maintain complete familiarity with all emergency procedures and respond appropriately to emergencies.
7. Notify the Manager on Duty of unusual circumstances and situations.
8. Know current status of rooms and individual guests.
9. Review reservations due to arrive, checking for duplicates, overlooked special requests, and other factors requiring follow up.
10. Give direction and assistance to anyone who inquires bout amenities and services in the Hotel or the area surrounding the Hotel.
11. Perform other duties as assigned. Tools & Equipment Required: Telephone switchboard, computer terminal keyboard, calculator, computer printer, credit card verifier, FAX, copying machine and coffee maker.
Performance Standards: Accurately complete check-in and check-out procedure in three minutes or less. Work Environment: Normal office conditions with appropriate lighting for constant video terminal work.
* This position may be on a rotating work schedule and may be required to work overtime from time to time, as business operations require.
* General knowledge of front office procedures.
* Establish warm and friendly relationships with guests.
* Perform work requiring effectiveness in personal transactions both face to face and on the phone.
* Ability to effectively and repeatedly perform precise clerical and cashier functions with high degree of accuracy.
Physical Abilities Must be able to:
* Stand continuously during entire work time when necessary.
* Lift 25 lbs.
* Quickly operate a computer terminal keyboard and a multiple-line telephone console simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
* Read a computer screen.
* Communicate on the telephone.
* Make notes and take messages.
Cognitive Abilities Must be able to:
* Ask questions that will bring forth information needed to make a sound decision.
* Communicate concisely and understandably.
* Alternate job responsibilities quickly and easily.
* Quickly assess the circumstances surrounding a situation and take immediate action.
* Perform multiple cognitive tasks simultaneously.
* Receive negative and emotion-laden feedback calmly, without reacting negatively or emotionally.
* Ability to work independently, with little or no direction from or consultation with Manager/Assistant Manager; and maintain a high degree of productivity, friendliness with all guests and staff members and ability to perform accurate work
Good Nite Inn is where you want to be! Stretching from the rolling hills of the Napa Valley Wine Country and the exciting San Francisco Bay...