The Food and Nutrition Services Worker performs a variety of tasks that facilitate the provision of food services and nutrition support to patients, employees and visitors. These duties include:
- Performs routine duties related to preparation and serving of food.
- Prepares food for cooking by washing, peeling, shredding, slicing, and mixing various food items.
- Operates dishwasher or assists with washing/sterilizing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots, pans, etc.
- Cleans kitchen work areas, collects and disposes of garbage.
- May assist with food stocking.
Serves food in cafeteria for visitors and staff and in patients room following dietary, sanitary and safety guidelines.
Clears patients' dirty trays and works in dish room when needed.
Works on patient tray assembly line following menu directives for determining food items for each tray.
Delivers food trays to patient areas.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Job qualifications include:
High school diploma or GED preferred
6 months food service experience preferred, previous experience in hospital food services preferred.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...