Bi-lingual a PLUS
JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
- Service current customer base by initiating contacts with store representatives, maintaining inventory, shelf- space and displays
- Train and advise independent store representatives as to effective merchandising, marketing, pricing and promotional techniques
- Establish and develop business relationships with potential customers
1. Maintain products at an appropriate stock inventory level to include: color center card, sales aids, signs, display boards and point-of-purchase materials. Ensure product displays are clean and orderly. Provide mixing assistance with paints and stains when present on the sales floor at a retail location.
2. Educate store representatives on all products, application methods, pricing strategies and related services to ensure strong, effective market share of the products and services.
3. Expedite the resolution of customer problems/complaints which may include coordination with the Technical Services Departments.
4. Research and assess information on industry changes, pricing, location, benefits, sales activities and distribution mix. Communicate with representatives to increase accurate competitive information.
5. Develop, coordinate and conduct sales events, store openings, promotions and trade shows.
6. Report information continuously to the corporate office in accordance within departmental needs.
Educational attainment equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field is desirable Considerable sales, independent retail, or customer service experience is required
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
Sales and marketing principles
Knowledge of the coatings industry
Ability to work independently
Ability to successfully pass coating consultant coursework within 3 months of the date of hire
Possession of a valid driver's license, evidence of insurance and verification of an acceptable driving record
May be required to incur some overnight travel
Must be able to work all shifts including weekend and holiday hours