Monitor and support all Multimedia systems.
Anticipate and solve system issues quickly and effectively under pressure.
Anticipate and solve problems in Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows 7 environments.
Daily travel to various MGM Resorts’ signage locations for installations, repairs and maintenance.
Organize and maintain Multimedia Services archives and libraries.
Track and support service tickets to provide timely service for customers.
Work with other departments (e.g. engineering, IT, tech services) when needed to complete tasks and support Multimedia hardware project initiatives.
Take ideas and direction from the Director and Sr. Project Manager, and apply them through the entire project life cycle.
Have strong organizational skills to manage multiple timelines and complete tasks quickly within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
Fully understand department job processes and procedures.
Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience diagnosing and solving problems in Mac OS X / Unix / Linux environments, and some background in Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Strong knowledge of audio / video equipment cabling standards.
- Working knowledge of appropriate file formats.
- Understanding of Multimedia content management systems, internet/intranet technologies, networking and security.
- Ability to use industry standard troubleshooting tools.
- Able to travel off property when representing the company.
- High level of dedication and be able to take direction from superiors.
- Able to work effectively when not directly supervised.
- Excellent organizational skills to function effectively under time constraints and within established deadlines with particular attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Mac OS X, Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience.
- ACMT and ACSP Apple Certification.
- Experience using FWI Content Manager, Adtec Symphony Pro/Media Control.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International
- 2 years ago - save job
It's not your imagination -- MGM Resorts International (formerly MGM MIRAGE) is one of the world's largest gaming firms. The...