The Office of the Chief Information Officer for Health and Human Services is an office located at HRA and reporting directly to the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services. This office is responsible for implementing the HHS-Connect Roadmap. The mission of HHS-Connect is to break information silos through the use of modernized technology and coordinated agency practices to more efficiently and effectively provide health and human services to New Yorkers. In furtherance of this mission, HHS-Connect has developed several IT systems, used to link information between several of the HHS Agencies. The Application Engineer will be critical in the maintenance of this operation.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations and Maintenance, the HHS-Connect Application Engineer plays a key role in maintaining the HHS-Connect computer systems and will serve as an Application Engineer for HHS-Connect Suite of Information Technology (IT) systems and applications. Application Engineer will be required to deploy releases in different environments; provisioning users; create usage reports; detect, analyze, resolve and document incidents; coordinate with other support groups for resolving production incidents for HHS-C; execute migration work plan and manage and escalate issues as appropriate to PMO for Access NYC, Worker Portal, CCI, DM, etc.
Responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on work supporting the production and non-production J2EE WebLogic
teams to provide production management support input for the design of new applications.
- Coordinate execution of break fixes in the production and non-production environments.
- Work with Project Managers to determine timelines and project tasks.
- Ensure deliverables from the development teams and engage with the development
ensure code matches server software stacks and specifications.
- Provide support to QA during testing by monitoring servers and providing feedback.
- Ensure team has proper information for deployment and work with development team to
- Manage the planning, documenting, coordinating and executing of operational readiness
projects as assigned.
- Communicate project statuses to senior staff, executive management and stakeholders.
- Prepare senior level technical reports for executive management; and manage special IT
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
- Familiarity with any version-control tool like CVS or Subversion.
- Experience with Sun Web Server and other J2EE application server such as Tomcat, JBOSS,
- Experience with application monitoring tool like Quest Foglight.
Click "APPLY NOW" Button
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 2 years ago