The Office of the Chief Information Officer for Health and Human Services is an office located at HRA and reporting directly to the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services. This office is responsible for implementing the HHS-Connect Roadmap. The mission of HHS-Connect is to break information silos through the use of modernized technology and coordinated agency practices to more efficiently and effectively provide health and human services to New Yorkers. In furtherance of this mission, HHS-Connect developed the Worker Connect system, used to link information between several of the HHS Agencies. The SiteMinder Engineer Manager will be critical in the maintenance of this operation.
The successful candidate will serve as a SiteMinder Engineer Manager reporting to the HHS Connect Director of Operations and Maintenance. Responsibilities will include:
• Managing and implementing the appropriate integration of SiteMinder with all the
applications to enable SSO capabilities for the HHS-Connect Program.
• Overseeing delivery of the Access Management work stream.
• Managing priorities and implementing the build of the Access Management solution,
including configuration of product.
• Overseeing bug fixes during the test phase of the project.
• Coordinating with multiple teams to integrate solution in development, test, staging and
• Administering production SiteMinder infrastructure components including policy servers,
proxies, databases, and directories.
• Designing and deploying federations with both internal systems and external
organizations, providing technical assistance to partner IT staff.
• Managing special HHS-Connect projects as assigned.
• The position’s responsibilities include commitment to and compliance with the City‘s EEO
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• Extensive hands-on SiteMinder experience.
• Proven experience with Solaris, Java, XML.
• Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Understanding of networks, WebLogic, iPlanet; web Page Development, HTML and JSP.
• Experience applying patches.
• Expertise in various security fields including access control, authorization, identification
and authentication, public key infrastructure, network, and enterprise security architecture.
• Experience in competing Access Management products.
• Single Sign-On architecture experience with other products such as Oracle Access
Manager, Sun Access Manager (Open SSO) and Novell Identity Manager, Novell Edirectory,
• Demonstrated experience working with technical and non-technical staff.
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytic, organization, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
Click "APPLY NOW" Button
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 2 years ago