Florida Hospital seeks to hire a Document Imaging Specialist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ. |
Florida Hospital Facility Profile:
Established in 1908, Florida Hospital is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,286-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of eight hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for the past 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
As part of the Florida Hospital team, the Health Information Management department exists for the primary purpose of providing timely and secure access to medical record information for patient care. While the physicians, nurses and healthcare team are taking care of you and your loved ones, HIM professionals are the ones taking care of your information...from ensuring it is protected, private, captured, stored, and made available when you need it...to coding your information for payment by your insurance company...we are there to manage the entire process and more.
Health Information Management's Document Imaging strives to scan the patient health records into our electronic system in a timely manner for continuation of care in regards to our patient population. Document Imaging's streamlined processes ensure the quality and integrity of our medical records through their lifecycle. With today's demand for electronic health records, it is an exciting time to be a member of Florida Hospital's Document Imaging team.
On Call Days - Monday through Friday depending on need of department.
The Document Imaging Specialist, under the supervision of the Document Imaging Manager or HIM Operations Manager, performs all activities involved in the preparation of medical records for the scanning process and/or ensuring good image quality as well as verification and validation of patient encounters. Adheres to the Florida Hospital policies and procedures, to all rules and regulations of all
applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience Required:
- Basic PC Knowledge
- Microsoft Windows (preferred)
- One year of college with some emphasis in typing, filing, medical terminology and/or previous experience in HIM or general office procedures. (preferred)
- Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Ability to compare the Facesheet MRN/FIN to the patient record and/or computer ensuring accuracy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical record format and has the ability to identify forms and their appropriateness for inclusion in the record.
- Like documents are grouped together (ie. Physician orders & Progress notes) and are in reverse chronological order.
- Maintains productivity levels in accordance with current standards.
- Maintains quality levels in accordance with current standards.
- Confirms all batch cover sheets have patient identification and initials/dates appropriately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Verifies presence and placement of barcoded Facesheet as first page of chart on every batch.
- Ensures all pages have the appropriate patient identification and form identification barcode.
- Ability to review the paper chart against the electronic document to verify image quality and missing documents.
- Verification and validation of image/document errors and makes necessary changes as necessary.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Document Imaging Specialist job opportunity with Florida Hospital and apply online today!
American Hospital Association - 8 months ago