Job: Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
The facility file clerk is responsible for the organization of the file area, retrieving and filing of paper patient records, coordination of release of information (ROI) requests with HSC as necessary, and processing and/or routing of loose reports. In addition, the File Clerk, at the direction of the Facility HIM Director is responsible for routine office functions for the Medical Records Department and assists in projects and other duties as directed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments
• Assists in reconciling retrieved medical records against patient discharge listings to ensure receipt of all records
• Routes loose reports and/or late documentation to document imaging staff for scanning
• Retrieves and re-files paper hospital records for multiple customers
• Requests, and returns, paper records from off-site storage as applicable
• Retrieves and prints medical records from microfilm (as applicable)
• Coordinates ROI requests with HSC ROI staff for facility housed records as needed
• Opens HIM mail and routes medical record requests to document scanning for immediate scanning
• Photocopies paper medical records as directed by the ROI staff
• Maintains or exceeds established productivity standards while achieving or exceeding established requirements for accuracy
• Assists in maintaining all equipment and supplies required in the provision of services in optimum operational status
• Practice and adhere to the 'Code of Conduct' philosophy and 'Mission and Value Statement'
• Other duties as assigned
- 2 years ago - save job
Parallon Business Solutions is committed to transforming the business of healthcare. Our strength is our people who are experienced in...