The HIM Regulatory Senior Product Analyst reports to the Manager, Regulatory Product & State Reporting. The position provides subject matter expertise for the 3M Coding & Reimbursement System (C&RS), with working knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10 coding and regulatory software releases. Has experience utilizing Health Information System (HIS) abstracting products and understands the bidirectional interface between C&RS and HIS abstracting products. C&RS is interfaced with MEDITECH Abstracting in acute care facilities. It is used for coding and grouping in acute care, ambulatory surgery centers, physician offices and imaging centers and is installed across the HCA Enterprise and other IT&S Business Partners. The position provides clinical knowledge in analyzing and assists the HIM Regulatory Consultant in collaborating on IT and business opportunities to deploy timely quarterly regulatory releases and implement industry regulatory changes. Serves as liaison with the vendors. Monitors vendor service level agreements, reviews vendor issue management for responsiveness and accuracy of resolution.
With knowledge of coding/billing compliance, this position plays a role in developing, deploying and supporting a compliant, integrated coding/billing system. Works with vendors on current and future releases. Attends prerelease and release meetings for regulatory software updates. Develops the content for regulatory release communications. Acts as second level support for regulatory software issues reported to Client Support Services. Participates in the analysis of business and clinical problems/opportunities in the context of requirements and assists in developing recommendations for solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Acts as team member in evaluations to recommend changes to core IT&S infrastructure, current business/clinical processes, policies, and information systems that provide recognized business value. Works with project team members to define requirements, design the functional solution, identify and escalate project issues, and ensure the IT solution meets requirements.
Requires detailed knowledge of requirements gathering and documentation practices. Compiles, analyzes and interprets product requirements. Leverages analysis to write detailed requirements documentation. Communicates requirements to external Developers. Collaborates with the Business and other IT&S departments as part of multidisciplinary teams. Shares responsibility with Testing Services for the development of test plans, development of use cases and performance of QA testing. Creates and maintains product documentation. Understands patient data sensitivity and possess working knowledge of the security measures available for protecting the data. Will participate in multiple projects interacting with the abstracting and C&RS products.
• Products that interface with 3M C&RS including Regulatory, Parallon Projects and Clinical HIS Projects
Activities and deliverables associated with projects, including:
• Project meeting attendance
• Support of quarterly regulatory releases
• Analysis of 3M HIS system documentation and software to determine end-user and MEDITECH or HIS Abstracting system impact
• Creation of software documentation, set-up/configuration instructions
• Assists in the development of the content for communications targeted to HCA Business Owners, Parallon employees and Outside Business Partners
• Participation in the development of the deployment schedules
• Documentation preparation and participation in HCA/3M Quarterly Operations Call
• Acts as second level support for regulatory software issues
Administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
• 3-7 years of relevant experience
• Required: A minimum of 3 or more years combined applied experience in Medical, Healthcare or Hospital Environment
• Required: A minimum of 3 years or more end user experience with software systems
• Preferred: Demonstrated experience in establishing and strengthening relationships Management Work Experience
• College Graduate Preferred
Requires one of the following American Health Information Management Association Credentials:
• Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or
• Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
• Health Information Management coding and/or operational experience in an acute care environment and experience with HIM Information Systems is required.
• Prior experience with 3M HIS Coding and Reimbursement System and MEDITECH's Abstracting application is preferred.
• Understanding of coding classification systems, ICD-9-CM, CPT, and HCPCS required.
• Experience working with UB-04 billing information.
• Understanding of the Inpatient and Outpatient Prospective Payment Systems (MS-DRGS, APCs, POA, HACs, and other groupers) and coding and billing process is required.
• Experience in an application development environment or other related experience will also be considered.
• Prior experience in selecting, implementing and using HIM technology preferred.
• Experience with the MEDITECH Abstracting application preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a team
• Detail oriented and analytical with good organization skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple activities and tasks simultaneously and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Strong problem and issue resolution skills
• Experience creating quality deliverables
• Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels within and outside of the organization
• Highly motivated and be able to work independently with little supervision
HCA Inc - 17 months ago