This position is accountable for providing patient care activities as planned by the Supervising PT to achieve individualized patient care that will maximize function within the home.
- Graduate of an approved school for physical therapist assistants.
- Currently licensed to practice as a physical therapist assistant in the State of Illinois.
- CPR certification.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- 1 year of physical therapist assistant experience in a setting that involves direct patient care.
- Good listening skills and ability to assess patient’s preferences in an accepting manner.
- Ability to function independently, problem solve, prioritize and make decisions related to patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills in relating to referral sources, co-workers and patients.
- Ability to communicate courteously with physician, clinical staff and patients.
- Knowledge and competency to perform required documentation and patient care procedures as a physical therapist assistant and to effectively handle various demands of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use various instruments, machines, tools, equipment and work aids as necessary to perform job duties.
Adventist Health System - 17 months ago
The hospitals of Adventist Midwest Health do more than care for our patients’ physical needs. With a mission of “Extending the...