Responsible for the successful overall management of the Hospitality Sales, Tour & Travel Department and PBX/Reservations Department in accordance with established policies, procedures, budgets and specifications. Will take charge and ensure that customize expert plans are in place and necessary skills are deployed to impact the business regardless of market conditions. Under the supervision of Director of Hospitality, the Hospitality Sales Manager will solicits, through direct sales and marketing contacts, the most complex accounts, which exhibit potential for business. Will have working knowledge of hotel sales, front office, reservation and catering; is current on hotel industry news and economic developments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Solicits, negotiates and books new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking, etc.) to maximize room and catering revenue to meet/exceed goals.
• Notifies and coordinates customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
• Develops a custom sales strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
• Develops and continually enhances relationships with key corporate, collegiate business and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
• Maintains accurate, legible records and files to provide group history, ensuring future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
• Participates in trade shows and college/community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievements of sales and revenue goals.
• Interacts effectively with the public and Team Members. Perform excellent customer service at all time.
• Maintains appropriate staffing levels in the Tour & Travel and PBX/Reservations Department, by interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, evaluating, promoting, disciplining and terminating Team Members, as needed.
• Resolves problems creatively within the department by listening to ideas, probable solutions, and potential conflicts.
• Responds to special requests of customers as well as customer complaints and inquiries in a calm, prompt, courteous manner.
• Assists in developing departmental operating budgets, departmental goals and objectives.
• Negotiates contracts with tour companies, corporate and groups.
• Facilitates the flow of information by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled departmental meetings
• Ensures to a high degree the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
• Collaborates with other departments on special events and/or promotions.
• Maintains a consistent, regular attendance record.
• Ushers as needed by management for events.
• Performs reasonable request made by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. One to three years of prior Hotel sales and/or Tour & Travel experience required, with progressive supervisory/managerial experience. Strength in account penetration of Group Markets of SMERF, Corporate, Sports, along with Leisure market segments. Sales experience in major brands is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino - 17 months ago