HOUR - Fuel Truck Driver- Honolulu
Tesoro Corporation, headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, is a Fortune 100 and Global 500 company with approximately 6,000 employees. As a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products we operate seven refineries and more than 1,200 branded retail stations.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
We are creating exceptional employment opportunities and are looking for the best career-minded professionals, who share our values, to become teammates.
We are currently hiring a Fuel Truck Driver for our Honolulu, Hawaii location.
Working under the general supervision of the Trucking Operations Supervisor, the Fuel Truck Driver drives a tank truck and trailer to deliver gasoline, diesel or other refined petroleum products to domestic and commercial customers. The Fuel Truck Driver independently follows specified policies and procedures in accordance with company, industry and government regulatory guidelines, as well as from written or verbal directions.
- Receive customer delivery schedule from Supervisor or Dispatcher, organize route and and make all required preparations for delivery.
- Perform pre-delivery check on tank truck and trailer following Department of Transportation safety specifications, fuel and inspect truck for general operating requirements, and ascertain that all required equipment is available and in good operating condition.
- Drive to customer's location, connect hoses to tanks, open valves, read gauges, record amounts delivered and leave delivery ticket receipts with customers.
- Inspect truck and trailer upon returning to Terminal to determine if repairs are necessary at the end of each day, and accurately complete all regulatory and customary paperwork.
- Establish and maintain good customer contact skills in handling customer inquiries, answer inquiries as appropriate and refer customers to proper Company resource when needed.
- Maintain assigned work areas, tank truck and equipment in a clean and orderly manner, perform housekeeping as required or directed.
- Follow, maintain and adhere to all safety rules and regulations for shops, loading docks, customer premises, obey all traffic laws, rules and regulations.
- Report all incidents and safety or environmental concerns to supervisor.
We offer unmatched stability, growth and professional development in a career with one of the world's finest corporations, with benefits including:
. . . and the invaluable benefit of career growth and membership in the best team in the business,
the Tesoro team
- Exceptional compensation, with regularly scheduled increases and advancement.
- Participation in the company's Incentive Compensation Program (current target is 7% of eligible pay earned in the year), paid annually.
- Company funded Cash Balance Retirement Plan and participation in 401(k) plan with 6% company matching, fully vested after one year.
- Generous Vacation and Sick Time benefits.
- Company paid holidays, or double time pay premium.
- Participation in company health insurance programs.
- Other benefits including company sponsored Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance plans.
have the following qualifications to be considered:
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as a GED; college, technical or trade school education is desired.
- Current valid Commercial Driver's License, with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements required, Double/Triple endorsement desired.
- 3 years of professional truck driving experience, experience related to petroleum trucking and loading and unloading petroleum, or similar relevant experience is strongly desired.
- Clean driving record (not more than 3 violations and no DUI/DWI or accidents in previous 3 years).
- Pass DOT drug and alcohol screening, DOT physical, 10 year FMCSA employment and safety background and 7 year criminal background check.
- Pass Road Test demonstrating proficiency operating an 18-speed truck.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, measuring and mathematical skills, working knowledge of chemistry, mechanical aptitude, and strong computer proficiency are all required for success in this position.
- Must have 20/40 vision with good depth and color perception, corrected vision is acceptable.
Tesoro is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tesoro Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard