HOUR - Pipeline Specialist (Watford City, ND)
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 150 and Global 500 company with over 5,000 employees, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products operating seven refineries and more than 1,200 branded retail stations.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of honesty and integrity; respect and trust; commitment to excellence; creative and entrepreneurial spirit; teamwork; and safety and environmental stewardship.
Due to the opportunities presented by increasing crude production in the Bakken field, our High Plains Pipeline and Trucking System operations are growing rapidly. Leveraging our excellence in refining and logistics, we will become the premier logistics provider in the region, as well as the best-in-class environmental, health and safety performer.
We are growing our team, and creating exceptional employment opportunities. We are looking for the best career-minded professionals, who share our values, to become teammates.
Tesoro's High Plains Pipeline and Trucking System consists of over 750 miles of trunk and gathering pipelines, mainline and gathering pump stations, 9 truck unloading facilities, and we operate over 25 transports out of various trucking offices in Montana and North Dakota. This Pipeline Specialist position performs routine and daily maintenance tasks on pipelines including locating pipelines, running pipeline scrapers, performing "one-call" duties, etc. This position works closely with other Field Specialists, Technicians, Pipeline Maintenance, and Transport Drivers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist with any routine maintenance, repair, or new pipeline construction work.
- Operate a line finder and accurately locate any pipeline.
- Operate scraper launcher/receiver and run scrapers in pipelines.
- Apply proper field coating applications for repair work.
- Safely operate pipeline valves, communicate with the pipeline control center, and understand pressure and flow related issues.
- Perform routine pipeline right-of-way responsibilities including new marker signs, clearing of brush, painting, and encroachment enforcement.
- Meet with landowners and discuss pipeline operations.
- Understand blue prints, gate maps, and P&ID drawings.
We offer unmatched stability, growth and professional development in a career with one of the world's finest corporations, with benefits including:
. . . and the invaluable benefit of career growth and membership in the best team in the business, the Tesoro team.
- Exceptional compensation, with regularly scheduled increases, promotion based on seniority, and advancement based on merit.
- Extremely generous monthly housing stipend, OR company paid-housing provided; company provided housing during training.
- Overtime rate paid for all hours over 40 per week (average of over 16 hours per week).
- Participation in the company's Incentive Compensation Program (current target is 7% of eligible pay earned in the year), paid annually.
- Company funded Cash Balance Retirement Plan and participation in 401(k) plan with 6% company matching, fully vested after one year.
- Generous Vacation and Sick Time benefits.
- Company paid holidays, or double time pay premium.
- Participation in company health insurance programs.
- Other benefits including company sponsored Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance plans.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Technical degree in power plant maintenance or mechanics from completion of a 2 year program at an accredited technical school, vocational school, or community college OR a minimum of 6 years of professional experience related to pipeline construction, oil field and gas operations.
- Must have, or be able to acquire, Operator Qualification (OQ) Certification for pipeline maintenance and repair per DOT requirements for pipeline operators.
- Must have or be able to acquire a Commercial Driver's License with a clean driving record.
- Must have or become trained in OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Previous petroleum industry or oil field experience is strongly desired.
- Understanding of line sheets, gate maps, and station maps.
- Understanding of station operation, pipeline flow, manifolds, and relief valve operation.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Self motivated and capable of working effectively with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize daily work schedules depending on operational requirements.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel.
United States-North Dakota-Watford City
Tesoro Corporation - 20 months ago