$15 an hour/First review of applications July 19, 2013 |
Want to be a part of a high-performing team committed to excellence and passionate about serving the community? Enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative environment that values new ideas?
The City of Carlsbad has an immediate opening for a graphic designer within its Communications Department.
The graphic designer is an hourly position, anticipated to work approximately 20 hours a week.
Hourly positions are not benefitted, and cannot exceed 1,000 total hours worked within one fiscal year.
This position will create and print and digital content in accordance with city branding guidelines to that effectively market a wide variety of city programs and services to the community.
ARE WE A GOOD MATCH?
The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude and bring the following traits and abilities to the job:
- Ability to convey an organizational brand via multiple channels, tailored to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of graphic design and layout using Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Familiarity with print production processes, such as file preparation and finishing
- Photo and illustration editing skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Top-notch customer service
- Knowledge of principles of Web design and photography skills are highly desirable
Experience & Education:
Any combination of training, education and experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities are:
- Minimum of associate’s degree or substantial course work from an accredited college or university in graphic design
- Minimum of two years practical work experience in a related field
All applicants are required to submit a project portfolio consisting of digital design examples uploaded as attachments or submitted as a URL to an online portfolio.
Applicants who are selected must be prepared to present their portfolio at the interview.
First review of applications begins July 19, 2013.
City of Carlsbad, CA - 17 months ago