This position is part-time and the deadline is open until filled.
Must be available mornings:
Candidates most qualified will be granted an interview.
- Tuesday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Coordinates and assists with overall site operations at Leo Carrillo Ranch Historic Park as needed under the supervision of the Recreation Supervisor . The incumbent will provide office and clerical support for the Parks and Recreation Department in addition to staffing the museum and visitor center.
The incumbent will be comfortable with working in multiple work environments ranging from basic park operations to administrative functions. The park operations environment requires the ability to receive and respond to direct and abrupt interaction, communicate effectively, and respond to customer concerns. Due to the varied nature of tasks and fast paced environment, it is critical that the incumbent is readily able to adapt to change.
To view a printable brochure click here .
- Learn about park history and be able to share that information with the public.
- Maintain park operating schedule; assist in the scheduling of other staff members, group tours, private events and maintenance projects.
- Handle point of sale transactions in the visitor center; prepare daily cash deposits and revenue reports.
- Prepare and proof general correspondence.
- Manage phone lines; dispatch customer calls.
- Process and distribute mail.
- Maintain photocopiers, printers and requests for repair and maintenance; maintain and stock forms drawers/files; order, maintain and distribute supplies; Maintain log of department equipment.
- Prepare PowerPoint, Excel, and Word documents.
- Photocopy and copy distribution; perform document scanning.
- Perform some special projects.
- Responsible for proper opening and closing of park, buildings, including locks, alarms, etc.
- Able to learn pertinent operating procedures and functions quickly, and apply them without immediate supervision.
- Create and maintain accurate records.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Access; and a working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat.
- Able to plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Experience & Education:
Any experience could likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. A minimum of one year of clerical experience performing varied clerical duties preferred.
Must have high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
Special Requirements/License or Certificate
· Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and first aid certification.
· Must have experience in utilizing computer software programs.
· Must have had experience working with the public.
· Must provide own transportation.
· Must have valid California State Driver’s License.
· Person hired must wear standard apparel as prescribed by the Parks & Recreation Department.
Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, withstand exposure to the outdoors and lift 25 lbs.
Minimum or Maximum Salary
· Part-time (hourly) position with pay rate of $11 per hour.
· Must be available mornings Tuesday – Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
· This is a non-benefitted position.
· Part-time employee cannot exceed 1,000 total hours worked within one fiscal year.
City of Carlsbad, CA - 10 months ago