You must have a Class B Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement
Under the direction of the Parks and Recreation Manager, your assigned duties relate to picking up bulk and home meals from the caterers and transporting seniors to and from their homes.
Additional trips transporting seniors consist of the senior center for weekday lunches, shopping, and doctor appointments.
Scheduled hours are primarily from 9:00 AM to
approximately 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday on alternating 3
weeks on, 1 week off schedule. Occasional weekend or evening
shifts required for special events or tours.
Examples of Duties:
- Pick-up bulk and home delivered meals from the caterer
- Transport seniors to and from the Center for lunch
- Transport seniors to and from center or home for shopping, doctor’s appointments & excursions
- Conduct daily vehicle safety inspections
- Maintain daily logs
- Keep vehicles clean and gassed
- Report all Maintenance or safety concerns
- Drive vehicles to Fleet Maintenance for regular service
Possession of or ability to obtain, CPR & First Aid Certification (training provided)
California Class B Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement
Good Driving Record
Ability to carry a minumum of 25 pounds
Experience & Education:
- Experience in driving a 20 seat passenger van/bus
- Experience in working with seniors
- Friendly, patient, calm and reliable
Required DOT drug testing at hiring
*Part-TIme hourly employee cannot exceed 1,000 total hours worked in one fiscal year.
Candidates most qualified will have an opportunity to interview.
City of Carlsbad, CA - 7 months ago