A part-time (hourly) Volunteer Coordinator position with the Carlsbad City Library is available. The successful candidate will coordinate volunteer activities with all three library facilities and will regularly work from the Carlsbad City Library on Dove Lane and the Georgina Cole Library. |
The part-time (hourly) Volunteer Coordinator position will work between 12 – 18 hours per week and may include some nights and weekends. Hourly positions are not benefited and cannot exceed 980 total hours worked within one fiscal year.
Applicants will be notified only if selected for an interview.
As conditions of employment, the City of Carlsbad verifies eligibility to work in the United States, and conducts a Department of Justice LiveScan Fingerprint report.
The part-time (hourly) Volunteer Coordinator position performs the following functions:
- Develop volunteer opportunities in conjunction with Library services, events, programs and operations.
- Create welcoming atmosphere conducive to encouraging volunteer participation.
- Recruit and process volunteer applications including qualification, reference and background reviews.
- Lead volunteer orientations incorporating city policies, including respectful workplace and safety in the workplace.
- Provide training to library staff on effective volunteer supervision and management.
- Handle volunteer relations issues, policy violations and dismissals.
- Plan and coordinate volunteer recognition events.
- Maintain and monitor accurate, current records to provide tracking and statistical data on individual and group volunteer involvement.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient working with computers, applications, and databases including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Possess high level of organizational skill and attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks
Experience & Education:
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would qualify.
Previous volunteer coordination experience in a professional capacity is highly desired.