HP Cloud Services (HPCS), is a start up division within HP, and is developing a competitive set of cloud services focused on the cloud software development community and the businesses they fuel. Our goal is to provide the next generation of cloud infrastructure, platform services and cloud solutions for developers, ISVs, and businesses of all sizes. This comprehensive suite of services is supported by a user-friendly experience, backed by a long-term, winning strategy and HP's proven track-record in IT leadership. We recognize that open and interoperable cloud infrastructure and services are foundational in delivering the next generation of cloud-based services. It is our belief that through close collaboration with the developer community and capitalizing on the strength of HP's technology portfolio we can deliver seamless and secure experiences for customers.
We are looking for a hands-on Software Engineer to join a global team responsible for developing tools to enable the Cloud to run securely..
- Build security tools, applications and infrastructure.
- Evaluate new security technology & trends, and propose solutions to strengthen HPCS.
- Reduce overall operational risk, security exposure and attack surface.
- Maintain and produce security procedures for operational environments.
- Conduct network pen-testing and operational security reviews.
- Represent the Security team and advocate security best practices across Technical Operations teams.
- Active member of the on-call Incident Response Team (IRT)
Desirable but not essential
- Solid programming experience preferably using Python, Java, or Ruby
- Experience defining processes and implementing best practices.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in current security tools, techniques and processes.
- Ability to respond to security incidents and subsequent investigations.
- Experience with implementing compliance operational requirements including PCI, SSAE 16, ISO 27001, HIPAA, FISMA and international data and privacy laws.
HP - 20 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...