Job Posting |
Current opening for a HPLC/Empower Chemist within our Nutritional Chemistry and Food Safety Lab in Greenfield, IN.
As a Research Assistant you will:
• Organize, conduct and evaluate analytical results and testing
• Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records
• Independently sets up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment
• Performs QC review of data
• Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and participates in corrective action of problems
• Promotes a cohesive team environment
• Assists in setting up and performing method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices
• Makes suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures
• Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work
• Ability to serve as lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff, with supervision
• Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Trains and assists less experienced staff
• Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information
• Participates in process improvement initiatives
• Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports
• Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects
• Assists in writing reports, methods, protocols and SOPs
• BS/BA degree in chemistry or related field plus 3-4 years of previous laboratory experience.
• Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment including HPLC
• Experience with use and trouble shooting of analytical equipment is desired
• Knowledge of computers and software programs
• 3-4 years of related experience with HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) and Empower experience preferred.
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...