About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with approximately 1,400 attorneys in Chicago, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Munich, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Shanghai and Washington, D.C. Our practice consists of sophisticated corporate transactions and litigation matters including antitrust and competition, intellectual property, restructuring, real estate, tax, benefits and estate planning, white collar criminal defense and securities enforcement, regulatory, environmental, energy, commodities, communications, securities, creditors' rights, private equity and venture capital. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions and leveraged buyout and venture capital firms.
Qualifications & Requirements
The New York office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP is seeking a Human Resources/Administrative Assistant. This individual will report to the Associate Director of Human Resources.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree and two years experience working as an administrative assistant, preferably in a Human Resources department. The incumbent should have considerable initiative, outstanding customer service skills and the ability to learn quickly as well as be detail oriented. They must also possess a can-do attitude, high standards for personal performance, ability to multi task, prioritize work and meet concrete deadlines. The work will require excellent proofreading skills, strong organizational skills, excellent follow-through skills, as well as judgment and problem-solving skills. Individual must have the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times. Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Essential Job Functions
• General administrative duties such as typing correspondence, answering phones, ordering supplies and distributing mail.
• File documents into personnel and performance review files.
• Track the receipt of six month and annual performance evaluations.
• Prepare new hire orientation binders for attorneys and staff.
• Submit tax forms and direct deposit forms to the payroll department.
• Submit information required for personnel changes such as changes in name, marital status, address, phone number, and office location to the firm wide human resources processing center.
• Submit information required for the processing of the above and beyond award.
• Complete employment verification.
• Conduct periodic audits of personnel files.
• Oversee the archiving of personnel files using Legal Key.
• Respond to general inquires regarding human resources policies and procedures.
• Schedule meetings, maintain calendar and address book.
• Process expense reports and complete check request.
• Assist Associate Director of Human Resources with a variety of human resources projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in anyway for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a law firm with approximately 1,600 lawyers representing global clients in complex litigation and dispute...