Rafter, Inc. , the leading course materials management platform, lowers the cost of education by providing colleges and universities with much needed tools to manage the rapidly changing world of course materials on campus. To learn more visit www.rafter.com and watch our video. Rafter evolved from BookRenter.com, the first online textbook rental site, launched in 2008 with a mission to make education more affordable by allowing students to rent textbooks for up to 80% off the retail price. Rafter is one of the few private ed tech companies that is truly lowering the cost of higher education for students. By working directly with more than 300 schools to turn the painful and archaic process of managing course materials into a low cost, student-centric service, Rafter has saved students more than $250m . By taking an enterprise approach to course materials management, the Rafter Course Materials Network takes a more holistic approach that provides colleges and universities with a path to discover, adopt, distribute and manage physical and digital course materials. 500+ schools run on Rafter!
Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile, passionate startup? Are you upbeat and love to work with a fun group of people? Do you have an awesome “go-getter” attitude? If so, you may be just what we are looking for at Rafter! This is a hands-on “roll up your sleeves” position with a startup company that’s growing in leaps and bounds. We are seeking an experienced, organized, and detail-oriented HR/Office Manager who is an independent and highly motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- General administrative duties, including conference room calendar management, scanning and filing confidential company documents, incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain a well-organized and safe office space for all employees and guests
- Manage inventory of all general office supply and snack items
- Work closely with IT and HR/Facilities to ensure all office equipment needs are met
- Managing HR related tasks for employees including onboarding new employees and maintaining employee records
- Management of Trinet Payroll.
- Driving benefit selection process and open enrollment.
- Responding to questions and concerns regarding benefits, employee relation issues.
- Assisting with office management responsibilities, coordination of travel, office supplies, etc.
- Assist in planning and executing company events
- 5 years of HR experience, including demonstrated experience in human resource, recruiting, office management, payroll, and employee relations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Highly organized with ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks/projects simultaneously while working independently
- Very strong attention to detail and confidentiality with a with a commitment to high quality work
- Strong project and time management, interpersonal communication (both written and verbal) and collaboration skills
- Positive, can-do attitude, a sense of humor and ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to interface with personnel at all levels directly or virtually
- Proven ability to take the initiative and focus on customer service and possesses a desire to learn, grow, and continuously improve
- Strong PC skills including expert proficiency Outlook, MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and internet research/data gathering; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
This position offers competitive salary, benefits, and the chance to improve the lives of millions of students.
Rafter, Inc. - 14 months ago
Rafter is a neutral, independent, open software company, and exists to help students and schools succeed. It's better aligned with school's...