SUMMARY: Serves as support to the regional office with clerical work and minor administrative and business detail. Functional activities include the following areas: daily transactional activities with the HR Supervisor, employee relations, procedures, administration tasks, production data entry, and compliance with applicable state and federal laws. This position is required to handle and process confidential and sensitive information involving employee wages, benefits, and disciplinary actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- Schedules appointments, responds to inquiries of visitors, and performs other administrative and clerical duties to assist the Production Manager and HR Supervisor.
- Conducts clerical tasks for Production and Support Functions such as but not limited to: Invoicing, UPS, payroll distribution, and other clerical tasks.
- Performs diversified duties in the processing and record keeping of employee benefits and maintains all hourly personnel files, under the direction of the HR Supervisor.
- Screens employment applications and assists in other employment activities and interviews applicants.
- Performs diversified duties in the processing and record keeping of employee benefits and assists in maintaining personnel files.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of all information up to and including, personnel files, accident investigation, workers’ comp, and employee data and all Human Resources information.
- Assists and completes new hire paperwork accurately, to onboard newly hired employees.Performs timely and accurate data entry of all required information.
- Conducts and assists with new-hire physicals, UAs and drug screens for post-accident investigations.
- Coordinates with the HR/Safety Department on some of the worker’s compensation claims and medical processes related to WC, in accordance with State and Federal Regulations for assigned Cell and Support Services.
- Assist in employee recruitment and retention - interviewing, reference checking, job offers,
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school graduate or equivalent with one year certificate from college or technical school preferred; or six months to one year related experience of HR related nature and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, candidates and applicants. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to operate the following systems; Word, Excel, ADP and Powerpoint. Ability to operate basic office equipment. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs and occasionally work in cold and warm temperature environments. Able to wear applicable personal protective equipment as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment includes a normal office environment as well as climate extremes found in the production operations. Incumbent may be asked to travel to remote facilities and/or other offices for training and meetings. Noise level varies depending on the environment. Occasionally will be asked to visit a farm and feed mill operations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, overtime or changes in schedule will be required as special circumstances arise.