SUMMARY: Serves as support to the HR/Employment/Safety departments with clerical work and administrative duties. Provides information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves officials in the Human Resource Department of clerical work and minor administrative details.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- Screens employment applications and assists in other employment activities and interviews applicants.
- Performs diversified duties in the processing and record keeping of employee benefits and assists in maintaining all hourly personnel files.
- Completes new hire paperwork accurately, to onboard newly hired employees.
- Enrolls new employees in benefit plans; conducts initial orientation to explain benefits during new hire paperwork process.
- Assist in employee recruitment and retention - interviewing, reference checking, job offers.
- Coordinate with the Medical Department on all the worker’s compensation claims and medical processes related to WC, in accordance with State and Federal Regulations for assigned Cell and Support Services.
- Maintains complete confidentially of all information to include, accident investigations, workers’ comp, personnel files and all Human Resources information.
- Providing administrative assistance to the Live Safety team in Live Operations, which includes but not limited to tracking and logging the monthly safety training and follow-up to ensure all employee’s receive the applicable training and documented accordingly; update and maintain PIT training certification records and send out notifications for re-certification;; update safety requirements on SOP’s as needed; update the tracking and corrective action logs from the site visit audits.
- Assisting with rewrites of policies or procedures pertaining to the safety department.
- Develop the slides for the Monthly Senior Management Safety/Workers Comp presentation
- Occasionally access and use ADP (HR system) and ICE (Incident Tracking) systems.
- Assist Live Safety Manager with updating written safety programs to meet compliance with government guidelines; such as OSHA and EPA.
- Assists with investigations dealing with employee performance/productivity and personal conduct issues.
- Function as the back-up to the HR/Employment Assistant Manager, Translator to the HR and Safety Dept for verbal and written communication – Spanish to English/English to Spanish.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school graduate or equivalent with one year certificate from college or technical school preferred; or six months to one year related experience of HR related nature and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong reading, analytical, communicative skills, and a working knowledge of Worker’s Compensation and Human Resources related items. Proficient in English and Spanish, both written and verbal, is required. High proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) .
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence and procedural/training manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups, managers, clients, customers and the general public. Proficient in English and Spanish, both written and verbal, is preferred.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical formulas to practical situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to make decisions on routine matters of policies. Ability to define and solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables in handling situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs and occasionally work in cold and warm temperature environments. Able to wear applicable personal protective equipment as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment includes a normal office environment as well as climate extremes found in the production operations. Incumbent is required to travel to remote facilities and/or other offices for training and meetings. Noise level varies upon depending on the environment. Occasionally visit a farm and feed mill operation. Noise level varies depending on the environment.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established as needed by operations and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, overtime or change in schedule will be required as special circumstance arise. Must be able to work flexible schedule as necessary.
Seaboard Foods - 14 months ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...