Mohawk Packing, a member of the John Morrell Food Group, has a HR/Safety Coordinator position open in San Jose, California.
Provide administrative support to the Human Resources & Safety departments including personnel records, training, OSHA reporting, HR system data entry and maintenance.
Position Respo nsibilities:
- Maintains Communication boards.
- Coordinate safety programs.
- Accurately maintains Affirmative Action data such as applicant flow data.
- Maintains employee information in files (hard copy, computer/HRIS) to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Create new hire packets, conduct pre-employment screening and conduct new hire orientation.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation.
- Maintains all I-9 documentation and verification updates.
- Assist with investigation of all occupation injuries and illness.
- Responsible for the administration and tracking of employee attendance program, including call-out line recording and checking.
- Responsible for tracking the use of holidays and vacation.
- Responsible for tracking internal promotions and disciplines.
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports such as the monthly headcount report, vacation reports etc.
- Assists in annual open enrollment process and entry.
- Coordinate Plant Activities and employee programs such employee purchase program.
- Manage Security Badge (IDs) system.
- Maintains safety records
- Assist in safety training and tracking.
- Track PPE inventory and issuance of PPE and LOTO locks to employees.
- Answer phones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Assist in other safety reporting, tracking and entry as assigned.
- Assist payroll with weekly timecard reports for hourly employees
- Print time card reports daily, enter schedules, and corrections in the tracking system
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
- Bi-lingual preferred, Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred. May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-3 years of prior experience in the Human Resource/Safety.