SUMMARY : Overall clerical assistance in the Transportation Department and Human Resource Department. Schedules appointments and interviews, provides information to customers, and provides clerical and administrative assistance in the Human Resource Department under the direction of the HR Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
- Performs data entry of IFTA mileage.
- Monitors and audits pre and post-trip inspections in compliance with all applicable state and governmental laws.
- Accurately and timely completes all necessary reports and submits to management.
- Enters Drivers Logs on Keller Scan
- Responsible for entering market bill of ladings, and work closely with scheduling team for accuracy.
- Weekly review of Contractor invoices for accuracy of loads
- Transportation and Truckwash payroll
- JJ Keller
- Assists Transportation Manager with building weekly schedules.
- Performs diversified duties in the processing and record keeping of employee benefits and maintains all hourly personnel files.
- Answers hourly employee questions concerning benefits, enrolls new hourly employees in benefit plans; conducts short orientation to explain benefits to new hires.
- Screens employment applications and assists in other employment activities, such as to interview applicants.
- Updates employee files, and review employee files, to review information and answer questions to authorized management. Maintains complete confidentiality regarding personnel files, employee data and all Human Resources information.
- Assists the HR Supervisor in compiling and maintaining affirmative action data in relation to staffing and recruitment and tracks this information in the Company Career Center .
- Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, compiles and sends correspondence, and performs other administrative and clerical duties to assist the HR Supervisor.
- Completes new hire paperwork accurately, neatly, and timely.Includes accurate data entry of all production information. Oversees new hire orientation/Alchemy training with new hires.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by supervisor within Transportation or Human Resources.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The following requirements listed below are representative of the work environment , knowledge, skill, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, candidates and the general public. Bi-lingual, Spanish & English, preferred but not required.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers. Ability to understand and meet deadlines to include those given by the Department of Transportation.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, MP2, AS400, and the ability to operate basic office equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Must be able to climb stairs and occasionally work in cold and warm temperature environments. Able to wear applicable personal protective equipment as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment includes a normal office environment as well as climate extremes found in the production operations. Incumbent is required to travel to remote facilities and/or other offices for training and meetings. Noise level varies upon depending on the environment. Occasionally visit a farm and feed mill operation. Noise level varies depending on the environment.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, overtime or changes in schedule will be required as special circumstance arise.
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...