Performs routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and providing routine information to callers and visitors for Weber-Stephen’s corporate Human Resources Department. Provides secretarial assistance to the EVP Human Resources. Engenders employee and management confidence and protects Weber-Stephen by keeping all information strictly confidential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Completes and/or checks forms and documents so that they are processed accurately and on time and in accordance with established guidelines; forms include applications for vacation or leaves of absence, etc.; assists employees and managers in completing HR-related forms to ensure that information provided is accurate and complete.
- Inputs payroll actions such as vacation, sick days, leaves of absence, etc. into the SAP HRIS system
- Files paper documents in Weber’s personnel files to capture all human resources actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses; examines employee files to answer inquiries and to provide information to authorized employees.
- Responds to routine questions and enquires from managers and employees regarding HR policies, procedures and programs; refers more complex questions to the Corporate HR Specialist
- Handles all incoming external calls for Human Resources, which include employment verification phone calls.
- Prepares and sends out HR communications such as sympathy notices and birth announcements with review by the employee’s manager and HR management; prepares and sends employee birthday cards; oversees and follows-up on distribution of service awards.
- Coordinates activities on behalf of the HR Department, including Weber-Stephen Christmas party; maintains an HR calendar of events
- Schedules meetings upon request, e.g. interviews, training as well as meetings for the EVP Human Resources
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipates needed supplies; places and expedites orders for supplies; verifies receipt of supplies.
- Codes all HR invoices for signing by EVP or Director HR; submits invoices to accounts payable.
- Distributes incoming mail to the HR Department employees; maintains and distributes all corporate payroll checks
- Ensures that State and Federal requirements are adhered to, such as; FMLA, EEOC, Employment Law issues and other regulatory requirements.
- Supports management and peers; assists with HR projects when required
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications to perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent; three to five years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook; data input into HRIS system; SAP preferred.
Weber-Stephen Products LLC - 15 months ago
No need to ask how the meal will be prepared at Weber-Stephen's company parties. The firm is one of the nation's top makers of...