Performs a variety of highly confidential and responsible human resources analyst duties including: preparing and compiling metrics, performing compensation analysis and preparing documentation, processing workers compensation premiums/administrative fee payments, processing auto liability claims, maintaining HR budget and accounts payable processes
- Responsible for system maintenance and upgrades of Job Force Software, NEOGOV Applicant System and specific Oracle HRIS processes
- Serves as the Records Liaison Officer for the HR Department.
- Project Manager for assigned HR projects as well as annual recurring events.
- Provides administrative support to the Sr. Director of Human Resources.
- Cross trained with Communications Strategist for daily operations and with HR Executive Assistant for Laserfiche records management system maintenance.
- Prepares budget status report, financial reports/analysis, ad hoc reports and standard reports for internal reporting to management
- Conducts research, gathers information, analyzes, and assists with annual budget processes as directed by the Sr. Director of HR.
- Enters annual departmental budget requests into County Budget Center for HR and Self-funded Health Plan Departmental Budgets.
- Compiles necessary information as needed through internet searches and/or calling and performing county comparisons for processes, procedures or statistics.
- Responsible for maintenance and upgrades of Evergreen Solutions LLC Job Force Software.
- Prepares job descriptions and enters into NEOGOV. Ensures accuracy of all job description components.
- Maintains employee adjusted service dates in Oracle.
- Responsible for monthly issuing of Service Award certificates to employee’s Elected Official or Department Head in recognition of 5 year service increments.
- Assigned to Oracle R12 Upgrade Project. Involved in on-going implementations and testing of Oracle year end and version upgrades as released as well as new Oracle HR modules to ensure accurate processes.
- Serves as liaison to fleet insurance carrier for maintaining current fleet and driver listing for contract renewal and claim processing.
- Processes worker’s comp reimbursement and fleet insurance carrier deposits and/or deductible payments as necessary.
- Coordinates fleet claims with insurance company of at-fault driver.
- Responsible for maintaining all out-sourced HR vendor contract files and coordinates renewal of all contracts on an annual basis. (Worker’s Comp, Fleet Liability, Drug Testing services, pre-employment physicals/exams, Group Life, Voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, EAP, TCDRS, Deferred Compensation, etc.)
- Submits and tracks Oracle on-line purchase requisitions and purchase orders for approval as needed for HR Budget.
- Processes invoices for payment of HR departmental operations expenses as well as monthly worker’s compensation installment payments, annual fleet liability, drug testing services, pre-employment physicals, pre-employment psychological exams, administration of Hepatitis B and Pre-Rabies vaccines and TB Skin tests, Group Life, Voluntary Life, Long Term Disability, EAP, etc.)
- Serves as co-liaison with the County Auditor’s Office on accounts payable issues.
- Provides administrative support to the Sr. Director of Human Resources.
- Coordinates responses to Public Information Act Requests, as needed.
- Prepares PowerPoint Presentations.
- Processes training registrations and makes travel arrangements as needed.
- Prepares oral and written reports on activities as necessary.
- Compiles quarterly HR Statistics reports for distribution to the Commissioner’s Court members.
- Compiles compensation exit survey results for distribution to departmental management.
- Monitors and compiles HR Customer Service metrics based upon data received from HR website surveys and walk-in surveys. Provides ongoing reports to management regarding customer service survey results.
- Responsible for Posting of Annual Total Compensation Statements and TCS Guide on Oracle SSHR Website
- Maintains departmental asset inventory. Performs process to retire or transfer assets as necessary.
- Responsible for project management for any assigned HR projects. Projects will be periodic assignments as well as recurring annual employee recognition and appreciation event.
- Responsible for bi-annual EEOC reporting processes.
- Responsible for DPS Security Access Registration and Set-up for HR team members and departments heads, as authorized.
- Cross-trained with HR Executive Assistant to maintain Laserfiche system set-up processes.
- Familiar with all the records created and maintained by the HR Department and conducts or supervises the conduct of inventories of the records of the HR Department
- In cooperation with the Records Management Officer in the Technology Services Department, coordinates and implements the policies and procedures of the Records Management Program in the HR Department
- Disseminates information to HR Department team members concerning the Records Management Program.
- Serves on cross-functional HR team as needed.
- Exercises time management skills & prioritizes tasks appropriately to allow for timely completion of job duties and departmental goals.
- Prepares and distributes all communications regarding assigned areas of responsibility.
- Documents and communicates the status of assigned projects and job related red flags to management on a continual basis.
- Provides accurate information, assistance and problem resolution to customer inquiries in area of assigned responsibility.
- Updates processes and procedure documentation for this job assignment.
- Attends annual educational sessions in areas of responsibility; some in-state travel may be required.
- Readily complies with departmental and countywide policies and procedures.
- Performs related special projects as assigned.
- The physical demands and environmental factors listed below, as well as regular attendance, are also essential functions for this position.
- Continual work at a computer keyboard.
- Lifts 25 pounds with assistance.
- Position requires prolonged sitting, telephone usage, standing, filing, making copies walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping in the performance of daily activities.
- Work is primarily indoors in an air-conditioned, smoke free office.
- Interacts with County employees, elected officials, external vendors, and the general public.
- Williamson County has adopted a Tobacco-Free Workplace policy. This policy prohibits smoking or use of any tobacco product on Williamson County premises. Williamson County and Cities Health District offers a smoking cessation program, free to all employees and spouses
- Combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration, accounting or finance with three (3) years of relevant work experience in a large organization.
- Two (2) years of budgetary and compensation experience
- One (1) year of demonstrated, successful project management experience.
- Ability to obtain Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification within 12 months from hire date.
- Must have proven attention to detail and mathematical ability.
- Ability to work with complex software systems and reporting processes.
- Three (3) years of experience with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access, Quickbooks and an integrated financial and HR/PR software system such as Oracle.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills using proper grammar and spelling.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers, employees and supervisors in a pleasant, professional manner
- Ability to follow standardized procedures and adhere to countywide and departmental policies.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and integrity while handling sensitive matters.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, time management, project management, organizational and customer service skills and proven ability to maintain accurate, detailed records that will be audited periodically.
- Must be mature, dependable, resourceful, and able to work independently under pressure in a high volume office, produce accurate work and meet established deadlines.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Must maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Employment is contingent on passing post-offer, pre-employment, and periodic drug testing, motor vehicle report and criminal background investigations.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certification
- Worker’s compensation claims processing experience.
- Auto liability claims processing experience.
- Two (2) years successful project management experience
- Prior experience maintaining a records management system and retention compliance.
- Prior experience in a private sector Human Resources department.
- Work outside of the normal office hours (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) may be required to meet deadlines and accuracy requirements.
- Non-Essential Personnel for Emergency Situations; unless employees are designated by Department Heads or employees are in other offices that are open.
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (FLSA) STATUS:
- Reports directly to the Sr. Director of Human Resources
- Direct Reports- N/A
- Number of Direct Reports- 0
A Williamson County online application (resumes alone are not sufficient) must be received before the position is closed. Positions are open until filled, subject to close at any time after five business days. The Human Resources Department is located at 301 South/East Inner Loop, Suite 108, Georgetown, TX 78626. Phone (512) 943-1533 or visit our website at www.wilco.org .
Williamson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a position, please request assistance from the Human Resources Department.