The Risk Management / Finance and Actuarial HR Business Partner provides broad scale HR consulting and problem-solving solutions to senior business leaders and operates as a full member of the senior business leaders’ management teams. The HR Business Partner is responsible for the oversight, deployment and management of human resources strategies and plans of the business area and will report directly into a VP, HR Business Partner. A brief overview of these businesses is below:
· The Enterprise Risk Management division works in partnership with other business and support areas to protect TIAA-CREF’s mission, financial strength and reputation through the proactive management of risk and to establish and promote a culture that supports intelligent risk taking and risk-based decision making. It is also responsible for ensuring that the proactive management of risk is a structured, consistent and dynamic framework throughout the organization for identifying, assessing, reporting, and responding to risks and opportunities affecting the organization’s strategic objectives and for setting and managing the firm’s risk appetite
· Finance & Actuarial (F & A) efficiently and effectively manages, controls, and reports on the financial affairs of TIAA-CREF. As a support function, F&A works in partnership with other business and support areas to develop budgets, implement control measures, and establish policies and procedures aimed at safeguarding and maximizing the value of the firm's assets.
In addition, the HR Business Partner:
- Collaborates with appropriate business areas for the development and implementation of human capital requirements to successfully execute client business strategy
- Demonstrates the importance of business continuity and organizational alignment by working across business channels to resolve issues and implement new processes
- Serves as an unbiased consultant to the business in an effort to mitigate risk to the company and ensure fair treatment and a balanced approach for all impacted with regard to the implementation of new policy / procedures/ organizational change, problem resolution and human capital decisions
- Anticipates future HR resource requirements of senior clients based on business, industry and market conditions
- Evaluates the results of HR initiatives that impact client operations and results
- Participates in preparing key planning documents for senior management;
- Demonstrates expert knowledge around HR initiatives and policies and leverages external data and industry benchmarks to establish HR best practices within the business area.
Direct responsibilities will include:
- Skillfully lead HR initiated multi-dimensional change efforts
- Recognize important industry trends impacting the company, translating that knowledge into actionable approaches/best practices to improve the business
- Understand meaning and implications of key financial indicators
- Develop departmental business plans and assume line responsibility for successful, efficient implementation of these plans
- Organize, orchestrate, and monitor complex sets of activities, national and global - people and/or resources over extended periods of time
- HR related experience in the financial services industry, preferably with experience supporting Finance, Actuarial or Risk Management
- Create/Develop/Influence and lead key human capital strategies
- Project management efforts which may require direct interaction with EMT
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with key business partners to ensure the delivery of service and value
- Ability to work in a highly matrix organization across multiple lines of business
- Ability to create and deliver communication plans and announcements
- Ability to travel 10%- 20% or as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree a plus. Professional designations, e.g., CCP, SPHR, etc., preferred
- 7- 10 years of human resources or related functions, e.g., compensation, preferably in a financial services institution
- Demonstrated expertise influencing the business strategy and shaping HR strategic direction
- Demonstrated expertise in organizational design, development, and effectiveness
- Proven change management experience to include development of change management plans, communication plans and connectivity between related HR and business processes.
- Proven leadership experience leading HR centers of excellence and key partners to meet all human capital goals/strategies.
- Must be able to be flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of a changing business environment
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed and have the ability to work with limited direction.
TIAA-CREF - 21 months ago
TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a...