As one of the world’s leading premium lifestyle brands, Tommy Hilfiger delivers superior styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide. The brand celebrates the essence of Classic American Cool and provides a refreshing twist to the preppy fashion genre.
Since its debut in 1985, the Tommy Hilfiger Group has become a US $6.0 billion apparel and retail company by offering consumers a breadth of beautifully designed, high quality products including men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, sportswear, denim, and a range of licensed products such as accessories, fragrances and home furnishings.
Under the leadership of founder Tommy Hilfiger and Chief Executive Officer Fred Gehring, the brand can be found in leading department and specialty stores, as well as in its own expanding network of freestanding retail stores, worldwide. When PVH Corp. (NYSE: PVH) (then known as Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation) acquired the Company in May 2010, Gehring also assumed the role of CEO of PVH’s international operations, while Hilfiger remains the Company's Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for all aspects of the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger today has become a global brand with strong recognition and a distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,200 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region.
The Human Resources Coordinator is the primary contact for his/her designated population for associates within the New York office. He/she is responsible for providing detailed and accurate information as it pertains to payroll information, benefits, company policies or procedures, and State and Federal Laws. The HR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service, timely processing of all payroll related information, and posses the ability to be a team player within the department. He/she is responsible for a large amount of administrative duties, worker’s compensation, Leaves of Absence and benefits actions.
- Working closely with payroll to ensure that accurate and timely pay is being issued when processing new hires, transfers, salary increases or terminations.
- Document, track and report all Short Term and Long Term Disability cases with third party insurance carrier. Involved in extensive communication with the associate , his/her Manager and the appropriate HR Manager to ensure all information is covered, ensures HIPPA compliance, and coordinates with Federal and State FMLA laws, responsible for sending out all required notification letters to the associate. Tracks information in a detailed LOA log. When applicable, coordinates STD to LTD transition. If necessary, consult with Corp Benefits to discuss details of complex claims.
- Responsible for accurate benefits enrollment processing ensuring all enrollments meet IRS regulations. Responsible for collecting benefits premiums that may have been missed and communicating that amount to the associate. Collaborating with Benefits Department on resolving benefit related issues.
- Directly responsible for all Annual Open Enrollment form entries. Direct contact for questions, and sending follow up information.
- Oversees the Annual auditing and collecting of Student Verifications.
- Responsible for Monthly and weekly reports maintenance and distribution within the Bridgewater and New York HR offices.
- Working with other HR teams in our Corp office locations to ensure all common areas of interest are addressed.
- Annual review of State Labor Law postings to ensure compliance. When applicable, updating all posting within office.
- Expedite workers’ compensation claims by ensuring timely entry into Workers Compensation carrier’s online reporting system. Work as a liaison between Workers Compensation Carrier and associate. Ensure applicable benefit premiums are being paid. Work with Workers Compensation carrier, Associate’s Manager, and HR Manager to coordinate a return to work or possible modified duty to allow associate back to work as soon as possible.
- Working closely with the unemployment vendor to ensure all unemployment claims are processed and communicated to state and Talx vendor timely and accurately to avoid the least negative impact on PVH.
- Directly responsible for all changes to associates records in a timely manner in Lawson system- salary, promotions, demotions, reduction of hours, increase in hours, terminations. Ensuring all supporting documentation is reviewed with associate and filed with information. Ensuring that performance reviews are administered.
- Special projects as needed.
Experience: Human Resources experience preferred
Education: College Degree preferred
Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills. Detail oriented and organization ability. Self starter, flexible and analytical. PC skills (MS Word, Excel). Knowledge of Lawson HR system a plus.
Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation - 15 months ago
PVH has the buttoned-down look all sewn up. A top apparel firm worldwide and key US dress-shirt maker, PVH sells clothes, accessories, and...