Provides professional administrative support to Human Resources Department Assistant Vice Presidents. Additionally, performs a broad range of administrative support functions for the HR Department. Initiates and performs special project assignments to drive continuous improvement in department administrative practices, processes, and systems.
This position reports through the General Director HR Planning in the Union Pacific Human Resources Department. In addition to the General Director HR Planning, the position provides administrative support for the AVP Human Resources, AVP Health and Medical, and the AVP HR Development and Training. This is a non-agreement position administered in compensation band A for salary administration.
- Provides professional administrative support to Human Resources Department Assistant Vice Presidents. Administrative duties may include managing staff calendars, planning and coordinating meetings, reviewing personal expense reports, and coordinating travel arrangements as requested.
- Administers monthly nonagreement payroll and timekeeping function for Human Resources Department.
- Applies competent judgment in escalating critical, urgent issues to the appropriate staff member or department work function for resolution.
- Performs various expense processing duties including invoice preparation, submittal, and reconciliation. Monitors purchasing card transactions, accruals, and reversals. Coordinates signature authority authorizations for the department.
- Monitors HR department telecommunication usage levels and reports on significant variances from expected levels.
- Administers HR Department recognition program and database.
- Represents the HR Department in special roles and team assignments including floor safety captain, records management team, and various company philanthropic campaigns and events.
- Provides professional administrative support for special projects as assigned.
- May perform a broad range of other administrative support activities including ordering supplies and monitoring department inventory; assisting with production of prsentation materials and slides; distributing mail.
Required Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Coordinates department floor access and maintains employee location tracking system. Coordinates assignment of workspace, computer and communication equipment, and supplies for new employees.
- A high school diploma or GED (Graduate Equivalency Diploma)
- 2 year(s) experience in computer applications specifically use and development of MS Office Suite applications using Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint.
Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- 2 year(s) experience working in an administrative position
- Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills for organizing and displaying business information.
- Proficient communication skills for composing business communications.
- Proficient financial skills specifically working knowledge of Union Pacific online systems for timekeeping, payroll, Business Travel Expenses, and/or ATP invoice processing.
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills
Union Pacific - 5 months ago
Union Pacific Corporation (UPC) is engaged in the transportation business. The Company’s operating company, Union Pacific Railroad...