HR Director - Platts
Provide strategic HR direction and partnership with the Platt’s Oil, Petrochemicals, and Metals sectors and the Global Trading Services function.
In partnership with these Leadership teams, create and help drive the people and organizational strategy in order to achieve Platt’s multi-year strategic objectives.
The role will be responsible for broad reaching global organizational design and workforce planning, building a pipeline of talent, managing performance, succession, and leadership capability - derived from the business strategy to ensure alignment of resources and capabilities with the Platt’s global priorities.
Knowledge of all functional HR areas is required for success.
This person must have the ability to partner with senior business leaders, and work in a complex, matrixed HR and business environment. Additionally, this role will partner with CoE’s and global shared services and external resources to drive human capital plans and programs.
- In partnership with the global senior leadership teams of the groups this role supports, this role will design and operationalize comprehensive human capital plans which are aligned with the business agenda. This includes defining needs, identifying solutions, and mobilizing resources needed for execution.
- Lead role in managing talent agenda including:
assessment, development; Hi Potential identification and management; new role and new hire profiling and reporting and analysis. This role will partner closely with the HR Director of Editorial to ensure both Sector and Editorial business needs and requirements are met.
- Partner with Total Rewards COE to ensure total rewards compensation strategy is aligned with business objectives and ensures market competitiveness.
- Partner with COE’s and Global Shared Services and engage with Senior to mid- level management to foster a performance culture which drives business results. Ensure all available tools are being utilized to increase people leader’s abilities to recognize and foster high performance and engagement as well as manage underperformers.
- Partner with Leadership and relevant functions on acquisition activity. Actively influence business decisions regarding expansion to new locations and the overall global footprint of the businesses.
Partner with CoE’s in the set- up of any new people related activity, including organization design, talent acquisition (internal/external) strategies, reward strategies and global mobility.
- Provide guidance and counsel to global leaders and partner with the Employees Relations CoEs with regard to all aspects of employee relations, including performance management; disciplinary actions; grievances; reductions in force; redundancies and restructures. Partner with local expertise on country legislation and secure additional HR resources to provide coaching and support for all locations as required.
- Provide solid HR metrics and value-added analysis to client group management.
Use metrics to understand trends and make recommendations to business leaders.
- Support the new Global HR business model changes and participate in the development and rollout out of resulting process and policy changes
- 7+ years of strategic and operational knowledge in the areas of staffing, rewards, talent development, organization development.
Good business and financial acumen.
- Experience of working for an international organization and successfully managing within a matrix organization
- Ability to anticipate trends, changes and repercussions; bring HR point of view to business decisions
- Must be a relationship builder and business ally with ability to influence senior management on Human Resources and business issues and decisions and transfer it to HR strategy and results.
- Strong communication, influencing, facilitation and presentation skills are necessary to actively communicate with all levels of management, staff, outside agencies and customers to drive business results.
Highly collaborative in bringing together and managing the mix of business, CoE, Shared Services and other relevant parties.
- Strategic planning, creative and innovative thinking skills, along with high intellect and sound judgment.
- Solid project management skills and the ability to execute projects in a complex, matrix global environment while maintaining focus on the business and its customers. .
- Have a global mindset and an understanding of culture and change management and how to integrate talent management into an organization’s strategic objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required in an HR or business-related field. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to use metrics for fact based decision-making.
- Knowledge and experience of managing
Corp Human Resources
McGraw Hill Financial - 9 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....