Symetra's Human Resources Department supports all levels of the organization, both operationally and strategically. Our team handles benefits, compensation, recruitment, talent development, and employee relations for the company. We are looking for a Corporate Recruiter/HR Generalist to join our fun, cohesive group that welcomes new ideas and offers you the opportunity to truly make a difference throughout Symetra.
This Boston, Mass area based position will focus on recruitment-related activities, where you will consult with hiring managers to identify their position requirements, and then facilitate and drive the hiring process. You will oversee and own the interview process, coach managers on interviewing and "selling" the opportunity, assess candidate skills and competencies, design and present offers and coordinate the on-boarding process. We're looking for a candidate that has the proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities; who can communicate effectively and timely to hiring managers and candidates as to status; and who can make sound, fact-based employment decisions.
- Partner with hiring managers to define a recruitment strategy to find the best talent, based on the business needs and goals.
- Manage the entire recruiting cycle from candidate generation through sourcing, interviewing, and employment decision.
- Source high quality candidates through the development and implementation of innovative recruiting programs and strategies.
- Complete skill-assessment and behavioral interviews to help managers identify the best talent for the organization.
- Participate in campus recruiting activities, job fairs and networking events.
- Facilitate on-boarding of new employees; provide on-site support of HR-related activities (benefits, etc.)
- Support basic performance management issues (attendance, quality, etc.) by coaching managers and following up with employees
- Help deliver HR services and solutions as assigned
- 2-4 years of Corporate Recruiting experience required
- 2 years Human Resources Generalist experience preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Demonstrated business acumen in understanding client needs and applying appropriate recommendations.
- Strong communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills
- Well-rounded recruiting experience is desired; both technical and non-technical functional recruiting experience (i.e. Technology, Service, Operations, Life Insurance Industry)
- Strong team and customer service orientation, the ability to work independently, and the ability to thrive in a results oriented environment.
- Outstanding computer skills, including Outlook, applicant tracking system (e.g. Virtual Edge), Excel (for ad hoc reporting) and HRIS.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field is preferred
Symetra - 6 months ago
Symetra’s been around for more than 50 years. We’re experienced, stable, financially strong—just what you need from an...