Auto req ID: 609BR
Job Posting Title: Job Posting Title: " >HR Generalist/Business Partner
Person Type: Regular
Posting Category: Human Resources
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company
that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical
conditions. Regeneron markets medicines for eye diseases, colorectal cancer, and a rare inflammatory condition and
has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including hypercholesterolemia,
oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, and atopic dermatitis.
This position is responsible for providing strategic and tactical Human Resource support to assigned client groups through direct services and in partnership with other professionals from HR and external consultants as appropriate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
Experience and Required Skills:Knowledge and Specialized Skills :
- With Sr. Director, identifies key drivers of success and existing people-related needs within Line functions assigned.
- Provides H.R. relevant project support to Sr. Director and line functions, as needed.
- In collaboration with Sr. Director, performs some interventions and proactively identifies issues and problems to find and resolve root causes that may be inter- or intra-departmental.
- Partners with HR specialist areas (Staffing, Learning & Organizational Development (L&OD), Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, HR Systems).
- Identifies and utilizes coaches and consultants to address identified needs for client groups.
- Provides coaching to management, with an emphasis on leadership behaviors, in some cases in cooperation with external coaches.
- With Sr. Director, facilitates key people-related decisions related to organization roles, e.g. staffing decisions, development plans, and succession planning and diversity issues.
- With Compensation reviews and helps define each new role in function related to skills and competencies; relationship of role to others; ownership and accountabilities.
- Works with Staffing to identify current and future requirements. Recommends sources of candidates. Participates in screening and evaluation, and facilitates decision making within department regarding new hires.
- Works with Sr. Director Human Resources on development planning for senior management.
- Works with Compensation on role definition, external comparables/market value of position, annual compensation and other reward and recognition programs.
- Collaborates with the L&OD function to identify and coordinate training support and programs consistent with the function’s and the organization’s strategy.
- Works with Compensation, L&OD and Sr. Director HR to support the company’s Talent and Performance Management process and to drive culture of accountability throughout organization.
- Ensures that HR policies and practices are applied consistently and provides direction and guidance to all levels of management.
- Coordinates/partners with the appropriate HR and business staff in other Regeneron departments on companywide issues and problems.
- Acts as a role model for others in Human Resources as it relates to this role.
Education and Experience :
- Must have experience working with senior management, scientific leaders, and technical staff in the biotech/pharmaceutical sectors – Experience in staffing and/or Compensation a plus.
- Must have the ability to resolve employee relations issues as they arise and have the capacity to make sound decisions based on facts.
- Must be able to work effectively in an ambiguous environment.
- Must have proven ability to act with neutrality and diplomacy.
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well with diversity of ideas and opinions.
- Possesses and is able to demonstrate concise, articulate and confident communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrates proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, process definition and continuous learning.
- Accustomed to interacting effectively with management with some influential/negotiation skills.
- Must be able to keep pace within growth and changing environment with managing competing priorities.
- Must be able to drive of projects towards completion
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; advanced degree such as MBA, or Master’s in Organization Development is preferred. Minimum 6 years Human Resources-related experience in pharma/biopharma.
Must have strong foundation in employment law and prior employee relations experience including (issues pertaining to disability accommodations, harassment, sexual harassment, performance, career development, etc.)
Computer Skills :
Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills. Word and ability to work with Excel spreadsheets is required. PowerPoint will be useful. HRIS experience a plus.
Work Environment :
There are no extreme conditions within this work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Fast-paced general office environment. Some stress may occur.
Physical Demands :
There are no physical demands for this position that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all recruitment agencies: Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com . Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/ employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written
search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and is an affirmative action employer.
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents,...