Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for the day-to-day administration and communication of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity standards, and goal attainment as well as the ongoing development of a superior workforce. This position is responsible for partnering with line managers in the functional areas of Human Resources, with particular focus on performance management, employee relations, benefits, administration and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
may include any or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinates the administration and communication of company Human Resources policies, programs and practices
• Responsible for the administration of employee performance management and development programs
• Monitors the application of policies, regulations, and standards relating to occupational health and safety
• Ensures compliance with legislated reporting requirements and due diligence/liability requirements are met
• Assists management with organizational planning, job design, and personnel resources for the company
• Responsible for the proper entry, storage, security and use of employee personal data
• Oversees and assists management in the disciplinary process which may include monitoring employee attendance, tardiness and documentation of policy violations
• Assists management with organizational development that addresses issues such as succession planning, workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, workflow efficiency and change management
• Communicate and coordinate the policies and objectives of the firm that will establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation, and that comply with policies, procedures, programs and laws
• Develops strong working relationships with Executives, management and staff, providing advice, guidance, and coaching as needed
This position typically does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a Human Resources related discipline and 5+ years of industry related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Computer Skills: MS Office including word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
• Planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
• Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management, and contractors
• Proficient knowledge of state and federal laws relating to human resources administration
• Knowledge and understanding of the industry, corporation and company business and the ability to apply this knowledge to job responsibilities and organizational goals
• Ability to work independently and prepare as well as conduct presentations for all levels of management
• Demonstrated trustworthiness and the ability to handle highly confidential information with the utmost care and discretion
• Ability to understand and comprehend financial/business analysis techniques
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
others may be required based on state and federal legislation and/or company policy revisions.
• Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
• Various Compensation, Benefits, and Payroll Certifications are a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Typical office environment. Travel requirements may expose the employee to inclement weather conditions.
J-W Energy Company
- 21 months ago - save job