The Human Resources Generalist will support the Director of Human Resources and assist in day-to-day administration of policies & programs including employee relations, recruiting, compensation, training and safety.
- Processes changes in employee status, pay, benefits, and other data by collecting completed forms, getting correct approval signatures, ensuring data is complete, entering data in to our system and sending information to affected departments in a timely fashion.
- Keeps employee headcount and company directory up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Creates and maintains employee files to ensure they are legally compliant. Also creates and maintains other various files and binders to accommodate employee recordkeeping, completeness of data and accuracy of data.
- Ensures I-9’s are accurately completed, legally compliant and organized according to federal regulations.
- Proactively communicates with worker’s compensation insurance provider and safety committee to identify and prevent possible worker’s compensation issues.
- Files worker’s compensation claims according to the claims management procedures and within 24 hrs of receiving notice.
- Coordinates all leaves of absence with employees and management including FMLA, determining eligibility, completing all necessary paperwork and ensuring legal compliance.
- Collects insurance enrollment change information from employees, ensuring required information for processing is supplied and processes changes in vendor online systems.
- Manages the employee wellness initiative program and provides wellness information and resources to staff in order to create motivation and wellness as a strategy for employee health, productivity and retention.
- Processes monthly insurance billings and reconciles with insurance company. Makes adjustments to billing statements as required and request supervisory approval, prior to submission to the accounting department.
- Files relevant employee-related documentation in an ordered and current fashion.
- Responds to questions from outside authorized persons and agencies with respect to employee data (e.g., employment verifications) by examining employee files and records, referring unusual requests to supervisor.
- Conducts new employee orientation sessions. Prepares individual materials for all new employees. Ensures that all employee paperwork is received and completed in a timely manner and provides follow-up for any missing employee documentation.
- Assists with training and development activities including coordinating CPR classes, enrolling staff in MSEC classes & processing invoices, processing tuition reimbursement and tracking training.
- Assists with recruitment as needed including placing ads, screening applicants and forwarding to managers.
- Actively participates in determining new employee retention strategies in coordination with employee recognition programs.
- Provides consultation to employees and managers in the interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to management regarding the effective management of employee relations such as performance management, discipline/corrective actions, harassment, and terminations.
- Completes investigations of complaints regarding discrimination, harassment, workplace violence, etc.
- Responds to all unemployment requests and conducts hearings as necessary.
- Coordinates the Safety Program including conducting all Safety Committee meetings, ensuring safety compliance and participating in audits. Ensures that all sites have current information and are in compliance with current regulations.
- Assists in recruiting, including maintaining current job descriptions, posting positions, screening applicants, interviewing as needed and coordinating all background investigations.
- Assists in market analysis and evaluating issues related to compensation.
- Develops and delivers supervisory and employee training as needed. Participates in new employee orientation.
- Participates in developing and delivering employee recognition programs.
- Provides daily assistance to Human Resources Director for any projects or issues that need attention while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Directly involved with assessing workforce planning and succession development.
- Maintains benchmark data and statistics including retention and timeline information.
- Minimum three years of generalist experience to include employee relations with demonstrated knowledge of human resources practices, policies, and employment law.
- Experience in development of HR policies and procedures; coaching, counseling and advising managers and employees on HR policies and processes; development and delivery of employee and supervisor training.
- Experience in the administration of benefits plans.
- Prefer experience in recruiting and compensation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and listening skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and problem-solving skills and work under stressful conditions.
- Must be flexible and able to respond positively to changes or episodic workload adjustment due to change in volume or priorities.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment and planning to ensure effective and efficient outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to assess needed daily outcomes and organizes and prioritizes work to achieve the required outcome.
- Proficiency with Windows, MS Office, Excel and WORD required.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- PHR/SPHR preferred
RIA/Invision Sally Jobe - 8 months ago
Corporate HR Generalist
- 2 hours ago
- 6 days ago
Elkay Manufacturing Company
Elkay Manufacturing Company
- 1 day ago
Radiology Imaging Associates (RIA) has been a progressive provider of professional services for diagnostic imaging in the South Denver area...