Position Purpose: |
Provides overall generalist support to multiple sites with a heavy emphasis on employee relations. Responsible for day-to-day support of management relating to disciplinary action and coaching of employees. Responsible for effective coordination of the human resources employee relations and development functions including: administering HR policies, programs & special projects; coordinating employee relations activities and programs; assessing, evaluating & analyzing site compliance to policies, procedures and government regulations. Supports HR’s initiative in providing timely customer service.
1. Provides coaching, training, and counseling pertaining to various aspects of HR to ensure complete understanding of potential benefits/issues and appropriate actions are taken.
2. Educates management and employees regarding disciplinary actions, moves and terminations to ensure complete documentation and compliance with company guidelines.
3. Monitors effectiveness of HR programs with an eye on continuous improvements by traveling regularly to assigned regional locations and partnering with management.
4. Ensures all terminations for cause are reviewed and approved. Ensures timely completion of termination reports.
5. Assists HR Managers to investigate complaints and employee relations issues and ensures findings are documented.
6. Participates in HR projects and initiatives to ensure successful and timely implementation.
7. Assists other team members in supporting, organizing and executing departmental projects related to the efficient and compliant operation of the HR Department.
8. Coordinates performance review process with managers and reviews and provides feedback to managers on performance reviews.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Expert ability to handle confidential, sensitive and critical issues.
Expert ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while managing internal customer expectations and resetting accordingly.
Solid ability to provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain credibility and interpersonal relationships with diverse group of individuals (e.g., business leaders, colleagues, staff at all levels).
Strong critical thinking skills with a solid ability to think strategically and problem solve.
Solid interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities, conversations and accomplish goals.
Strong organizational and planning skills; attention to detail; productive without compromising quality.
Solid ability to collaborate effectively with others, implementing HR employee relations and development processes, strategies and programs.
Solid knowledge of HR disciplines and employment law, including benefits, payroll, recruiting, performance management, coaching, training and development, and administration.
Solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email software (preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
Basic knowledge of contracts, contract terminology and legal documents, to interpret information.
Basic ability to conduct complete, objective investigations and document findings.
Basic knowledge of operations management.
Ability to travel 50% of the time and when business needs prevail.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years ongoing human resources experience required, including experience working with all levels of staff including Exempt and Non-Exempt, union and non-union.
MasTec Advanced Technologies
- 3 years ago - save job