POSITION: Human Resource Generalist
DEPARTMENT: HUMAN RESOURCES REPORTS TO: Manager of Human Resources
FreshDirect is a leading online grocer in the U.S., delivering premium quality fresh-from-the-farm foods and brand-name groceries to customers in the greater New York, New Jersey, Connecticut metro area and Philadelphia, PA. With a more than 2,000-member workforce that is still growing, FreshDirect places an emphasis on nutritious, delicious meals and convenient services that allow customers more time to live healthy lives. FreshDirect aspires to be a valued corporate partner in all communities in which it serves. For more information, please visit www.freshdirect.com . For updates, follow us on Twitter: @freshdirect and on Facebook: facebook.com/FreshDirect.
Human Resource Generalist manages the day to day operations of the HR office. Administers policies, procedures and programs. Carries out responsibilities around all the major HR functional areas which includes but not limited to: Departmental Development, HRIS, Employee Relations, Training and Development, Benefits, Compensation, Organizational Development, and Employment. Originates and drives Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Conduct investigations with the partnership of managers and supervisors for all issues and concerns brought forward in a timely fashion; arrive at a decision that is consistent and fair according to existing company policies and procedures while eliminating liability from the organization.
- Provide advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures and documentation to workforce and management staff.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Develop and recommend operating policy, procedures and process improvements.
- Maintain and continuously assess the HR metrics system, all HR systems and tracking systems necessary in daily operations to ensure the optimum functionality and accurate reporting and tracking of day to day functions.
- Recommend, develop, and maintain accurate Human Resource manual/electronic filing system, employee files and records ensuring completeness of files.
- Develop and maintain the employee handbook and intranet with the most recent and accurate company policies and procedures.
- Participate in and conduct internal/external interviews when necessary to identify potential new hires/promotions to continue to acquire/develop a high performing workforce.
- Recommend, assist in developing and facilitate ongoing training and development which includes but not limited to:
- Compliance Training
- One on One Training
- Class Room Training around a variety of soft skills and tactical topics.
- Administer and counsel employees in regards to company core benefits, supplemental benefits and leaves of absence benefits, in person, via email, via phone. Ensure that all employees who become benefit eligible are familiar with and either elect or waive the benefits offered by the company.
- Provide daily customer support, communication/correspondence to ensure timely and courteous resolutions.
- Make determination of leave status; notify employee and supervisors of determinations as well as the separate rights and responsibilities of each.
- Partner with Employee Safety to ensure proper communication and processing of employee ADA accommodation requests in accordance with ADA guidelines.
- Help facilitate all company sponsored wellness events (flu shot program etc)
- Help manage the annual open enrollment process by ensuring proper communication to the employees, and information sessions regarding any and all changes in the benefit packages offered.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State and Local Regulation including the following:
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Teammember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
- 5+ years of relevant HR Generalist experience and an interest in learning and developing HR and business skill set.
- Ability to be discreet and keep information confidential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical skills; strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish good relations with employees and managers on all levels.
- Exhibit excellent judgment and discretion in handling confidential information with a strong sense of tact and diplomacy
- Must be Bilingual English/Spanish
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to proactively identify problems and offer solutions/ability to work without supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic with a customer service orientation; enthusiastic team player
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYERS , Fresh Direct, LLC and its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.
FreshDirect - 16 months ago
The emphasis is on fresh at online grocer FreshDirect. The Internet grocery shopping service delivers to many New York City neighborhoods in...