Responsible for all human resources issues including staffing, employee relations, orientation, compensation and benefits. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participates in performance improvement activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Consistently supports and communicates the Mission , Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center.
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Assumes the responsibility for successfully complying with federal, state and local employment laws, and immigration legislation.
6. Advises department directors/managers on a wide range of staff performance issues, employee relations and policy interpretation and administration. Resolves issues in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
7. Mediates conflicts between employees and management to resolve misunderstandings, facilitates communication to promote effective working relationships.
8. Reviews all Personnel Action Worksheets (PAW)s for designated departments for accuracy and consistency to ensure timely processing.
9. Reviews all final written disciplinary actions before they are carried out to ensure the facility's policies and procedures are met.
10. Explains/provides termination information, answers questions. In conjunction with the Human Resources Director, reviews all terminations before they are carried out to ensure the facility's policies and procedures are met.
11. Participates in recruitment activities: advertising in various media and participates in job fairs,
as necessary, screens candidates, reviews hiring documentation including personnel requisitions and background checks, ensures consistent hiring practices, equitable compensation for the successful staffing of the hospital.
12. Responds to Texas Workforce Commission wage and unemployment claims.
13. Conducts Exit Interviews.
14. Responsible for participating in performance improvement activities for the department.
15. Completes special requests or projects as requested/assigned by the Recruiting Manager or Human Resources Director.
16. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by SJMC and demonstrated by:
a. Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
b. Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
c. Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Compliance Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
17. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
Minimum of two years related work experience required.
Previous healthcare human resources experience preferred.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or other related field required. Experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
PHR, SPHR or relevant human resources certifications or advanced degree preferred.
Technical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills relevant to Human Resources in order to effectively communicate with applicants , employees, team members, department managers/directors and administration.
Strong customer-service orientation.
Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of material with attention to detail.
Work productively in an environment with high levels of interruption.
Able to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Additional languages preferred.
Basic knowledge of human resources management, employment and recruitment techniques, and related laws.
Computer knowledge that includes Excel, Word, Outlook.
IASIS Healthcare - 21 months ago
For 125 years St. Joseph Medical Center has provided an ever-increasing range of services to residents in the Greater Houston area. As the...