Fabric.com is seeking a flexible, adaptive, and strategic HR leader who can develop HR strategies, systems and processes that enable the growth of the business. This includes recruiting top talent, improving organizational performance and developing organizational capability. The HR Leader must deeply understand the business and act in support of the company’s strategy and operating goals.
The HR leader will act as a business partner to the General Manager, providing HR direction for the Fabric business leadership team and is a senior member of the Fabric leadership team. This is a highly visible HR position, supporting an emerging business with teams ranging from buying, merchandising, marketing, technology, finance, customer service and fulfillment operations. This individual must be able to work independently and still take a hands-on approach at all levels of the organization. The HR leader will leverage the resources and expertise of the existing HR team as well as Amazon.com to develop and deliver scalable, customer-focused HR programs and services to the business; implementing them in a way that ensures that the program goals are accomplished while meeting the business needs. The successful candidate will have the demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing priorities; inherent to supporting end-to-end HR programs across a diverse group of departments. The leader will also have demonstrated experience in translating a big idea into a process or mechanism that reinforces the organization’s key business objectives. They will have experience in consistently delivering results, and building lasting relationships with business partners across a 250 person organization. Position will report to GM of Fabric.com with a strong dotted line to HR Business Partner-Hardlines.
The HR leader oversees all areas of Human Resources for Fabric.com including organizational development, change management, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, internal communications, benefits and compensation. The HR leader oversees a HR team encompassing exempt and hourly HR professionals. Additionally, this position is an active member of the Amazon Subsidiary HR community, driving and supporting both local and cross subsidiary initiatives.
· Develop, implement and evolve HR policies and programs to support a high growth business in areas such as recruiting, performance management, and career development.
· Partner with the business to meet recruitment goals to enable the growth of the business - delivering full life-cycle recruiting support and ensuring a commitment to finding, growing and retaining the best talent.
· Lead on-site HR team
· Consult on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment.
· Provide coaching to develop senior executives and managers throughout the organization.
· Use influence and coaching skills to be an agent of change and cultivate a culture that reflects the values and principles of the organization.
· Work with HR team, managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties' interests.
· Review and analyze business data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee engagement, performance, retention, and employee experience.
· Partner with corporate teams to support business unit initiatives and leverage corporate programs.
· Assess leadership and employee development training needs and conduct 1:1 and/or group training sessions as appropriate.
Partner with other HR Subsidiary HR Leaders on projects, sharing of best practices and other similar engagement strategies.
· BA/BS required
· 10 years’ experience in an HR generalist role
· Ability to travel to Seattle or other domestic location 6 times per year
· Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
· Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
· Advanced degree preferred
· Demonstrated ability to translate company strategy and goals into optimal HR processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused and adaptable to unique and changing business needs
· Strong communication skills (oral & written)
· Strong coaching skills
· Strong knowledge and experience with non-exempt employee populations
· Analytical capabilities and the ability to influence business leaders with data-driven recommendations in areas such as leadership development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and career development
· Ability to diagnose problems and identify appropriate solutions
· Ability to influence, change thinking, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damaging relationships
· Ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively on teams, and consult effectively and independently with all levels of the organization
· Experience in supporting an e-commerce or corporate subsidiary business highly desirable
· Ability to balance the compliance requirements of a public company with the creative culture of Fabric
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon.com - 17 months ago
Jo-Ann Stores has sewn up the leadership of the fabric store market. It's the #1 US fabric retailer (ahead of Hancock Fabrics), with...