Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $15 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,000 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person’s strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
Regional Human Resource Manager
Director, Field Human Resources
2 Human Resource Representatives
The Regional Human Resources Manager will partner with assigned Regional Directors and District Managers to provide professional consultation and advice in the areas of training and development, talent acquisition and assessment, succession planning, employee relations and Store Support Center generated initiatives to solve issues and drive business results. Also serves as the broader HR liaison regarding HR policies and procedures. Participates in the development of Store Managers through professional development events. Oversees and drives full execution of recruiting for field management positions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel a minimum of 50%
- Supervise HR Field Representatives with regards to sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, employee relations, expense management training, coaching, cross-training in recruitment, and accurate data gathering/reporting.
- Investigate Employee Relation cases, making sure all cases are managed and solved in a timely matter.
- Analyze data and develop & execute effective action plans.
- Collaborate with the Divisional HR Manager with DM Recruiting and Staffing.
- Observe and provide feedback to HR Representatives
- Assist in the Development process of Regional and District Managers
- Conduct frequent field visits.
- Conduct New Leader Assimilations
- Participate in and conduct Regional Conference calls
- Attend and present at Regional meetings.
- Participate in talent development of Store Managers at the Talent Development Center.
- Participate in High Potential SM Development.
- Conduct training and development sessions with DM’s and SM’s.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal employment law
- Exceptional Supervision skills.
- Ability to mediate between employees during conflict resolution
- Ability to influence others to achieve the desired outcome or result
- Ability to achieve measurable results through collaboration and influence
- Exceptional planning, coordination, project management and implementation skills
- Advanced ability to communicate with employees at all levels (both verbal and written communication skills)
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge of Dollar General human resources and operations policies and procedures.
- Good computer skills; ability to develop spreadsheets and reports to analyze division staffing needs.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Note: This position requires weekly travel and overnight stays; a current driver’s license and acceptable driving history is required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Degree in Human Resources preferred. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of general HR experience, with a concentration on Employee Relations, Recruiting, Succession/Talent Management, and Training and Development, preferably in the retail industry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
OUR BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Long term disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
- Company matched 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Onsite child care, ATM, cafeteria and fitness facility
- Free covered parking
- Fun, values centered work atmosphere
- Corporate casual dress
Dollar General is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Dollar General Corp. - 30+ days ago
Goodlettsville, Tenn.-based Dollar General Corporation is the nation’s largest small-box discount retailer. We make shopping for...