Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities in the education, bank and individual markets. Great American Insurance Company has received an “A” (Excellent) or higher rating from the A. M. Best Company for over 100 years (most recent rating evaluation effective March 29, 2012). The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Select Market under the symbol AFG. www.greatamericaninsurancegroup.com .
We are looking for a HR Manager/Director to lead our Recruiting and HR Business Partner functions. This position is located in our Cincinnati, OH office and is a part of Corporate Human Resources Team. As the Recruiting and Business Partner Leader, you will be responsible for leading the organization’s strategic recruitment programs along with human resources consultation in order to support the business and/or support services in the areas of talent management including employee relations and organizational planning.
Great American Insurance Group has been named by the Enquirer Media as one of the Top Places to Work in Cincinnati for the last three years. We offer a business casual, team-centered setting where you'll be encouraged to share your ideas and support our business by providing consultative and value-added HR services.
The key responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, improve and maintain recruiting programs to ensure business needs are met.
- Lead and coach a team of recruiters handling our company's daily recruiting function and processes.
- Build strong working relationships with business management and leadership to develop thorough understanding of the business in order to anticipate, develop and execute talent plans.
- Explore best practices with recruiting including candidate sourcing, diversity, social media advertising, etc.
- Lead the recruiting team to build candidate pipelines, develop effective recruiting strategies and identify hard to fill/key positions
- Lead and coach a team of HR Business Partners handling the daily human resources consultation support for the company.
- Foster strong lines of communications between HR Business Partners and human resources areas of expertise (Benefits, Compensation, Recruiting, Employee Relations, and Learning & Development).
- Ensure employee issues and concerns are resolved timely and in accordance with company policies / practices. Work in collaboration with the Employee Relations staff to respond to employment-related charges, claims or investigations.
- Manage methods to drive and monitor the effectiveness of performance management and goal setting initiatives.
- Oversee the identification of areas for development and the development of action plans for talent management.
- Drive succession planning for assigned business units and manage the analysis of current and future talent needs.
- Serve as a resource on employment law and various human resources functions, including employee relations, performance management, staffing/recruitment and training.
- Proactively consult with leadership to identify, develop and execute human resources strategies that support business needs.
- Ensure effective business relationships with internal and external customers/co-workers are developed and maintained. Develop methods to improve customer service and satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or related field. SPHR certification and/or master’s degree in an HR related specialty is preferred.
- Eight (8)+ years of progressive HR experience including recruiting, employee relations, performance management, and talent management and building relationships with business leaders with at least 2-4 years of management experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing direction to, guiding and influencing, and coaching managers and business leaders on recommended courses of action.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and have the ability to work with all managers at all levels of the company.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to successfully interpret and communicate business needs.
- MS Office Suite experience.
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...