This position will function as the HR Business Partner for a number of departments / functions within the Houston office. It will ensure that all HR operations activities are carried out within the HR Cycle in the departments of responsibility, and also develop and carry on important HR processes to be implemented throughout the group clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to activities such as employee relations, training and development, resourcing, HR metrics and reporting, and compensation and benefits. The HR manager will partner closely with department leaders - primarily Energy Marketing functions, to analyze and diagnose team and employee issues and implement appropriate solutions. Prepares and maintains policies and procedures. May also be involved in various project work.
• Provides professional HR solutions to discrete problems for a discrete area of the business. Advises managers on a range of options and determines the application of policy in the absence of a precedent, with a view to achieving consistency of application.
• Drives the HR Cycle and core processes including implementing the Annual Incentive and Performance Reviews; Annual Development Review; Shares Review; Resource Planning and Succession Planning processes within own client group areas.
• Implements Regional or Group initiatives with local variation.
• Works with managers to develop their people management capabilities, providing review and challenge; provides specialist advice as required.
• Assists managers with the execution of the performance management process and provides counselling & coaching to managers and employees on employee relations and performance issues.
• Recruitment & Selection: Works with managers to meet the resourcing needs of the business, assisting with resource analysis and planning; plans and executes recruitment campaigns. Participates in graduate and campus recruitment.
• Reward & recognition: Liaises with Compensation & Benefits on total reward benchmarking; advises managers on job offers; manages grading and job evaluation requests.
• Supports due diligence activity and integration activity resulting from possible acquisitions.
• Oversees that the administration processes are undertaken in a timely and accurate fashion (including day to day transactions and International assignee administration).
• Ensures robust processes and controls are in place (including Local policy/legislation/governance/audit & compliance) to govern HR activities such as recruitment, selection, induction, and development.
• Acts as an ambassador for behaviours, mentoring, challenging and coaching within workgroup of responsibility.
• Leverages HRIS tools and capabilities.
• Responds to questions regarding company policies and procedures.
Resource planning for the client areas
• Assists with new employee orientation and other on-boarding programs.
• Undertakes specific HR projects in line with business priorities.
Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours.
BG Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
BG Group provides reasonable accommodations so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. If you need an accommodation during the application process, please advise us by using the online contact form located on the search apply page of the website. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Thank you for considering a career with BG Group.
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
Experience providing human resources support to a technical and office staff
Experience in a Business Partnership role supporting departmental leaders and business strategy - preferably in the Energy Marketing (Oil, Gas & Energy)
Understanding of the full life cycle of Human Resources policies, programs, and processes
Proven experience providing strategic HR initiatives; succession plans, performance and talent management, financial business acumen and business leadership
Experience with presentations and interactions with employees and line management - including the ability to communicate ideas effectively and tactfully.
Previous experience supporting Energy Marketing, Trading, pipeline scheduling and oil & gas commodities is highly desirable
Demonstrated track record of success in partnering with leaders and leadership teams on people issues
Deep understanding of general business processes, procedures and best practices for management
Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships with line management and employees
Commitment to development and continuous process improvement
Additional Information for External Candidates
BG Group values diversity and is committed to equal opportunities; applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that after the closing date you will no longer be able to apply for the vacancy. The specific time of closing is midnight UK time on the date displayed. BG Group also reserves the right to close vacancies before the advertised closing date without prior notice.
BG Group - 12 months ago
The BG in BG Group stands for British Gas, but BG Group exploits not only gas assets but also oil, in 25 countries. In addition to...