SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Recruiter will deliver strategic and tactical recruiting support to Milgard. The Recruiter will partner with hiring managers to define job requirements, understand the business goals and environment, then identify, source, screen and attract a diverse slate of candidates to meet job requirements and Milgard Philosophy. Additional responsibilities will include orientation of all new-hires and the tasks associated with same, report generation for applicant tracking and corporate compliance, and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Will receive information from hiring managers, either verbally or in writing, that there is a position open. All open positions require a Job Requisition be completed, and all necessary signatures obtained, prior to any recruiting activity for that position may take place.
• The Recruiter will develop job advertisements in conjunction with the hiring manager and place advertisements in different media. A
• Recruiter will screen resumes as they are received, entering all into the HRIS, responding with a postcard to those that do not meet criteria, and phone screening or personally interviewing candidates of those that do.
• Will coordinate and schedule interviews between candidates and hiring manager and/or panel interviews. This will include making travel arrangements, hotel arrangements, etc.
• Recruiter will perform salary negotiations, prepare offer letters and coordinate applicant testing for drug and background checks.
• This position will coordinate and conduct the new-hire orientation for all new-hires. The Recruiter will work with appropriate managers and supervisors in arranging for new-hires one to two-week training plan, committing this plan to paper, and distributing to personnel as warranted.
• Recruiter maintains applicant tracking log, corporate reports and documentation.
• Will act as the liaison with area temporary agencies, employment agencies, recruiting firms, and advertising agencies.
• Responsible for processing and checking billings, employment verifications and employee referral program.
• All input to PeopleSoft database related to recruiting is performed by Recruiter.
• Create and execute MPS objectives, meet MPS commitments and work within the guidelines of MPS; reflects Milgard business values and the Milgard philosophy in all business interactions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. other duties may be assigned or duties may change based on business needs.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
• Minimum of two (2) years professional staffing in a Corporate environment
• Thorough knowledge of recruiting sources and staffing methodologies
• Experience in building relationships with staff and clients
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business preferred.
• Read, write and understand the English language
• Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• High degree of customer focus
• Work performed indoors in a climate controlled environment and in a warehouse type production facility
Milgard does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disabilit