The Human Resource Recruiter partners with Hiring Managers and various HR personnel to effectively implement employment processes, policies, and procedures and utilize various recruitment techniques that result in the hiring of highly-qualified candidates. The Recruiter is tasked with fulfilling the hiring needs of assigned organizations, maintaining accurate records, exercising appropriate judgment, and supporting recruitment initiatives and programs (e.g., Internships) as necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Counsel CST Managers on employment processes, procedures and policies to fill open positions.
- Analyze available sourcing techniques and methods and develop appropriate sourcing strategies in support of specific job openings.
- Establish and implement College recruitment activities and programs at designated Colleges and Universities in support of CST’s Internship program.
- Inform applicants of job duties and responsibilities, compensation and benefits, work schedules and working conditions, policies, promotional opportunities, and other relevant information.
- Maintain accurate records of resumes, applicant flow, and employee selection in accordance with CST processes, procedures, and policies and appropriate national, state, and local laws and Equal Opportunity (among others).
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with recruitment vendors to ensure compliance with employment processes and to present highly-qualified candidates for CST job openings.
- Extend and negotiate offers of employment with candidates.
- Update and retrieve applicant information in designated HR systems including CST’s applicant tracking system.
- Exercise appropriate judgment in maintaining confidentiality and communicating sensitive information with various audiences.
- Support Employment-related projects as assigned by Management.
- Schedule, conduct, and score skills and knowledge tests for applicants.
- Provide appropriate customer service to CST job applicants, current and potential vendors, and for all general inquiries.
- Analyze and report effectiveness of candidate sourcing activities.
- Conduct speaking engagements at universities and recruitment events as necessary.
- Identify opportunities for recruitment process and system improvements and recommend solutions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university highly preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification is preferred.A minimum of three years of Human Resource experience is required with directly related experience in employment/recruitment highly preferred.
- Knowledge of laws and procedures applicable to regulatory measures affecting employment and employee relations is required.
- Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Must be able to develop strong professional relationships with current and prospective employees of all types.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with and knowledge of HR systems, including applicant tracking systems is highly preferred.
CST Brands in an Equal Opportunity Employer
CANDIDATES WITH GREATER QUALIFICATIONS MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR A HIGHER LEVEL POSITION.
Valero - 15 months ago
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, other...