About the opportunity:
Join The Sherwin-Williams Company’s award winning Professional Apprentice™ Program. This is not a standard Co-op program. Students will be given the opportunity to acquire real-world skills that give them an added edge in the workplace through experience with this Fortune 500 Company. Position is located in downtown Cleveland at our Corporate Headquarters. Full year enlistment; part time (20-25 hours per week up to 28 hours per week).
The Human Capital Acquisition and Human Capital Engagement Offices provide a wide range of human resource related services to the Corporate Information Technology (IT) Department of the Sherwin-Williams Company.
• Develop recruiting skills to become a participant in the recruiting process.
• Interface with and coordinate candidates screening and interviewing schedules
• Assist in creating bi-monthly newsletter
• Participate in project work in the areas of job descriptions, employee engagement, training and development, recognition, performance appraisal, succession planning, etc.
• Create and maintain a variety of databases
Essentials for position:
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Knowledge of the basic HR function
• Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work independently after training
• Student currently pursuing a degree in Human Resources or related field with a graduation date on or after December 2014; junior status preferred with an interest in potentially working on an on-going basis until graduation.
• 25 hours per week desired, up to 28 hours per week. Willing to work around school schedule.
• Minimum GPA of 2.5.
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is the industry leader in providing top quality coatings and related products to paint...