Valbin Corporation is one of the Top 50 - Woman-Owned Businesses in Maryland. Our mission is to provide linguistic support, cultural sensitivity training, project management and exercise support services to the US Government and private sector. Based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area, Valbin has an established and on-going partnership with the US Government through its GSA Schedule and the Valbin Mission Readiness Support Center.
Valbin Corporation is currently recruiting a self-driven and pro-active individual for our HR Specialist/Recruiter position. This is an excellent opportunity to thrive with a government contractor with hands-on business experience and grow with the company.
POSITION SUMMARY: The HR Specialist/Recruiter will be responsible for various functions of Human Resources with a focus on recruitment, employee relations and respective employment laws. The HR/Recruiter will lead an aggressive effort supporting talent acquisition to hire new employees who will be assigned to current contracts and the Valbin Headquarters. This position will coordinate with Proposal and Capture managers during proposal writing to help develop HR/Recruiting strategies to acquire candidates, résumés and fulfill staffing plans. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Develops HR metrics, policies and procedures to improve the overall effectiveness of the organization; ensures compliance with federal and state laws. Maintains and expands knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state laws/regulations affecting human resources management.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs. Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites. Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements and qualifications by studying job description and job qualifications, analyzing responses; verifying references; compares qualifications to job requirements through discussions with managers. Coordinates with Program Managers and/or conducts new hire interviews using consistent set of qualifications. Helps employee enrollment into benefit programs.
- Manages intern program by conducting orientations; scheduling rotations and assignments; monitoring intern job contributions; coaching interns; advising managers on training and coaching.
- Identifies trends and new developments that could impact the Valbin Team's objectives and/or operational resources. Coordinates and/or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation.
- Develops and implements positive workforce practices and strategies in collaboration with Valbin leaders. Aligns practices and strategies with Valbin's Mission, Values, culture as well as desired work environment and organizational goals.
- Responds to and investigates employee complaints related to employee relations issues, such as discrimination, harassment, wage and hour laws, or unfair treatment. Maintains accurate records in compliance with Valbin's procedures and recommends actions to be taken.
- Maintains automated/hardcopy databases and files; performs phone and email communications with applicants. Arranges background and credit checks.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as assigned.
- Minimum of 3+ years of Human Resources experience and 2 years’ experience as a recruiter.
- Preferred BA in Human Resources, Business Management, International Relations, English or related field.
- Experience managing multiple business units in multiple locations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills interacting with peers and senior management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality; use discretion with sensitive information.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to challenge oneself professionally.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Familiarity with HR/Recruiting applications and software such as TALEO.
- Familiarity with Linguist Operations, Department of Defense/State.
- Former military or DoD Contracting experience.
- Knowledge of MS Project with eagerness to learn other applications.
This position is based at the company headquarters in Bethesda, MD (Two blocks from the Red Line metro Station)
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to jobs(@)valbin.org. Please include “HR Specialist/Recruiter” in the subject title.
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Valbin provides real time, on-site, 24/7 operational support to every program we undertake. We recognize the ever-changing reality of...