Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a HR Specialist – Line HR in our Chicago, IL office. This position will support Aon Risk Solutions.
Works under general supervision to provide human resources administration services for designated business unit and/or region. Reports to the aligned HR Business Partner for Aon Risk Solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responds to HR issues and problems in designated business unit or region and administers HR policies and programs as appropriate.
* Develops and monitors programs to promote positive employee relations.
* Provides guidance to management and employees on employee relations-related issues, complaints, or problems.
* Monitors and assists with employee recognition program. Assists with annual merit/bonus program.
* Processes required transactions and employee status changes.
* Reviews employment practices to ensure compliance with internal policies/procedures and external laws/regulations.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Must have knowledge of all Human Resources generalist functions (e.g., Employee Relations, Employment, EEO, Compensation and Benefits), and Human Resource-related laws and regulations.
* A working knowledge of effective general business management practices is desirable. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, as well as strong computer skills (Word and Excel).
* Must be customer service oriented and work well in a team.
* 2-5 years in Human Resources with at least 1 year generalist experience (including employee relations, employment, compensation, and benefits) required.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Experience with HRIS, PeopleSoft, Excel and PowerPoint.
Aon offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, a unique internal advancement program, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
All positions at Aon require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. The checks run are based on the nature of the position. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with Aon 's employment policies. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon's professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, frugality and stewardship, applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks, foster innovation, champion for change and replicate best practices.
For more information about Aon Corporation, visit our website at http://www.aon.com.
Aon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Chicago, Illinois United States
Chicago, IL United States
Aon recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) amplifies talent acquisition results. Our expertise combines innovative recruitment practices and...