From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
The HR Specialist - Recruiter is responsible for a variety of HR and recruiting responsibilities including implementation and coordination of policies and programs, covering a wide variety of recruitment and employee support functions.
- Conducts monthly in-service for the managers.
- Works closely with Management team and Scheduling Manager to assist with hiring requirements.
- Assesses program site recruitment needs and develop an action plan.
- Contacts community organizations, schools, and outreach programs.
- Attends local job fairs to ensure a continuous applicant flow.
- Coordinates all recruitment advertisement.
- Screens candidate resumes and applications.
- Conducts interviews by phone and in person.
- Creates offer letters and denial letters. Understands and explains the company mission, culture, policies and procedures.
- Offers hiring recommendation to managers.
- Responsible for contracts with outside staffing agencies and recruiting vendors.
- Recruitment trend analysis.
- Conduct reference, background, drug and any other applicable pre-employment checks for positions.
- Conduct new hire orientation sessions thoroughly and professionally.
- Partner with hiring managers, and Zone Human Resources
Manager to create all new job descriptions.
- Partners with Corporate benefits department to assist employees with benefits questions.
- Establishes and maintains information systems that include all employee records and files, automated systems, and personnel and staffing reports.
- Provides information and is responsible for approval of all company and government regulated leaves of absence.
- Updates employee HRIS system for leaves of absence.
- Communicates and administers various human resources plansand procedures for all employees.
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance audits.
- Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR on any recommendations and changes to compliance and legal workflow issues.
- Takes swift and immediate action in accordance with Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance on any areas of concern.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
- Has had no compliance related corrective action during the
current review period.
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience, with a focus on Employee Relations/Labor Relations preferred
- Experience in healthcare related industry preferred
- Union experience required specific to location
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources Management and supervision, union experience specific to location
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences
- Applicable knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws, labor laws, governmental compliance requirements, and immigration laws
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
- Travel requirement specific to divisional assignment
Closing Statement This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
- BA or BS in Human Resources Management or similar field of study preferred PHR certification preferred
Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
Rural/Metro Corporation - 14 months ago